“Affordable, comfortable, and convenient!”

The Coast Village Inn & Cottages
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Wells
ohio
“Affordable, comfortable, and convenient!”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Our recent stay at the Coast Village Inn was a pleasure. We stayed in the Sunflower Suite, which included a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living area. The suite was clean and comfortable and we prepared and enjoyed several meals there. We were pleased with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The inn is conveniently located in Wells, about halfway between Ogunquit and Kennebunkport. We would recommend the Coast Village Inn to any travelers to southern Maine.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rob77ohio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Very clean and comfortable accommodations. When I informed the manager that the pull out sleeper sofa was broken, I was given a separate room to use for the duration of my stay even though a brand new couch was delivered the very next day! The staff (manager Terry especially), were all gracious and courteous. Would definitely recommend to family and friends. Great location to shops and beaches.

1 Thank Geri M
Chelsea, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our family of 4 is always on the go and we absolutely LOVE going to Coast Village a couple of times a year to simply relax with the comforts of home, enjoy the beautiful pool and all the recreation Wells has to offer....BUT most of all we feel so welcome with Coast Village's staff...Manager Terry rocks and makes sure everything is just right. My kids love it! Can't wait to go back soon!

2 Thank nidiapeguero
Ohio
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We travel with our 2 children and our dog several times a year so when we arrive at the final destination I do not want to have to get back into the truck and try to find another place to stay because I didn't find things as they should be. My husband calls me a "Neat Freak!" The Coast Village Inn & Cottages is one of the few places that I know everything will be perfect. Terry is the best! If anything isn't as it should be she will bend over backwards to make it right ...... And I mean like right now. The staff is very friendly and the sheets, floors, and towels are clean. Even my husband said it was an excellent place to stay. We will be going back next year.

Prier to this visit we have stayed at a couple other locations and looked at others as well. All's I can say ,is if you want a place to stay that you can relax and not have to worry about anything but your tan the sand between your toes and where dinner will be then this would be my #1 pick. :o)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mindyBrowning
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We just came back recently from a one week stay at the Coast Village Inn where we rented one of the housekeeping cottages. This was our 8th time renting here. Previously we have stayed in the motel rooms but this year the kids enjoyed having a separate bedroom, especially with a TV to watch kid shows for an hour before dinner. There was a fan in each bedroom and an A/C in the kitchen. The kitchen had a round table with 4 chairs and a armchair for watching TV. The bathroom is very small and my only complaint was the rock being used to hold the door open was a pain (in the foot, literally.)

Our favorite thing about Coast Village Inn & Cottages is the wonderful pool which is handicap accessible. It has a gradual decline instead of stairs to get in and brushed concrete benches on the sides of the deep end. So it feels like sand under your foot, but it doesn't move. It was a perfect place to spend the day. Also traveling anywhere was easy as CVI&C is across from a supermarket, movie theater and near lots of great restaurants.

Terry, the manager, was wonderful! When I asked about a cookie sheet to reheat our pizza she said she would go out and buy one the next day for the cottage and she gave us a roll of aluminum foil for the week. When the remote for the TV didn't work she gave me 2 new batteries. It turned out to be a faulty remote, so she gave us a new one that worked. She met all our needs immediately and with no fuss.

We also stayed for 5 nights in July. I wanted a cottage but their policy is 7 night minimum. So I booked a motel room with a note asking if a cottage became available I would take it. The second day of our stay one became available so we moved. It was nice to have the more private space and I didn't worry that my kids would be kept awake by a neighbor's TV or footsteps overhead from the other units. And my children didn't disturb anyone either. It was so great in July, we booked again for August and got a one night discount. Thank you Terry and Taylor! We plan to return again and again!

Room Tip: Be flexible for dates and just ask for what you need.
1 Thank StarWarsChick
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My friend and I rented a small cottage. It was $79 a night and I guess we got what we paid for even though I've paid less, for nicer accomodations. I guess when I read the description I missed that there was no AC in the cottages. The woman at the front desk was very nice and the grounds were well kept. The pool was very nice, although because it it surrounded by grass, there was a lot of grass floating in the water, which we took the liberty of skimming out ourselves. In our cottage, their was a box fan in the window, very old furniture, an uncomfortable mattress, stained carpet, stained linens, an extension cord running into the middle of the floor, and the tv had a lovely yellow tint to it. On our porch we had an old cigarette butt and a plastic spoon lying around in there with the old dirty chairs. The furniture was rediculously outdated and the paint in the bathroom was chipping and peeling. Also, while taking a shower the water continuously switched from hot to cold. The regular rooms seemed like they might have been nice, but I would definitely never rent one of the cottages again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank chachi75
thetjd, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this review, 27 August 2011
These cottages are very old. They are also very charming if you like the idea of having your own small space with a screened porch, rather than a motel room. It never ceases to amaze me that people purposefully choose the cheapest accommodation, then complain about them as if they didn't have a choice. We have 5 of these tiny cottages and we have put quite a bit of work into them, however, because of the age, we are limited as to what we can do in them. They are what they are. We have photos and a full description of these on our website. We are not misleading anyone on what they get here. That being said, the price we charge for these in the peak season, is for sure the most affordable accommodation in all of Wells. It just so happens to be on a property that is large and beautiful and has many amenities that you are also entitled to utilize for the almost laughable rate that we are charging for these units. If you want a nicer more updated accommodation, we have tons of them. You can pay a bit more and get a lot more here, or you can pay less and have less. We offer both. It is your choice. Please don't penalize us for giving our customers options.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and i have been going here for 5 years they are wonderful, clean and courteous with a great pool. the maids were excellent and terry at the front desk was superb.Also alyssa was very courteous. So happy going back again would recommend to others. Would definetely give this place 5+ stars.

sincerley,