“Quaint and perfect for our pass-through”

The Coast Village Inn & Cottages
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great price. We were just "passing-thru" on our way to Acadia. It was conveniently located and very clean. The rooms are dated and basic, but I understand it was new owners this year. I will state again that it was very clean. Nice pool and very helpful owners.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you noticing the the work we put in to ensure the cleanliness of the rooms. I hope you have a chance to return in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very clean, well maintained property with very personable owners who seem to be truly interested in their lodgers receiving value for their money. Our room was basic but had everything necessary to make our stay enjoyable. The bed and pillows were good as were the linens. The bathroom was dated but in excellent repair. My only complaint is that our room had a stall shower that was so small that it was impossible to get out of the shower spray to soap up but that was a minor inconvenience.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry H
John and Cynthi... P, Owner at The Coast Village Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

What a nice review. Thank you so much for noticing so much of our property. Some of the rooms do have smaller showers (this is an area we are looking to improve). Hopefully there will be some pleasant surprises in the near future for return guests in our king or queen rooms in the front motel. Hope to see you next year! Kind Regards, John & Cynthia

Reviewed 9 October 2013

A truly wonderful place! Planned to stay only for one night but extended it for 2 nights due to the great place, atmosphere, location, and people. Upon check-in Cynthia was very helpful and provided lots of information as to places to go, see, and eat. They have REAL non-smoking rooms (not like some motels that just cover up the smell). The rooms, bathroom, and towels very clean and in good condition. The husband/wife own this place and take great care of it. This was the best place I have stayed on my trip and will come back here the next time I am in the area. Great price, place, and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A

MichaelA ~ I'm glad that you waited to post your review. Your review makes me feel good because I know you have other locations to compare us to. So, thank you for taking the time and for your kindness. We have been working hard these past few weeks, and I have fallen somewhat behind on my responses to guest reviews. It is a blessing to read such positive feedback from our guests...hard work does pay off :-) We try to do right by all our guests and to get to know them while they are here. A few come and go quietly and others we get to know a little bit. Glad we got to chat when you were here and that you enjoyed your stay. John & Cynthia'

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Originally booked for two nights but ended up staying an extra night as felt so comfortable here.

The room we stayed in had two double beds, table with two chairs , microwave, fridge, free wifi, TV and clean and tidy bathroom.

The owners couldn't be more helpful giving us maps and recommendations. The only problem we had was the fact we were using public transport and this stops in wells at the beginning of September but we soon got round that by hiring bikes at the shop opposite for two days. we managed to see both local towns and everywhere we went had bike racks. There is a supermarket very close and also a pizza and pasta restaurant opposite. Honestly can't fault this place, a brilliant stay :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

There is nothing more I can 'add' to your reivew - you've hit every 'nail' on the head. We enjoyed meeting you both and did see you riding those bikes around town! Not only did you get to see the beauty of Wells and the surrounding areas but you also got some good exercise while you were at it. That just means you can eat more delicious, local food while you are here! Happy travels, as I know they are continuing! Warmest wishes ~ John & Cynthia

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for three nights and were pleased with our choice. Although in need of modernisation our cottage was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable and for the price it was well worth the money. Cynthia couldn't do enough for us and gave us plenty of tips on where to visit and where to eat. Highly recommended and we hope Cynthia enjoyed the English tea we left for her!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Over the course of your stay we got to know each other pretty well. You know I DO LOVE TEA. Thank you for remembering that and for leaving me some robust English tea! I appreciate when guests notice the cleanliness. Our floors are all hand-washed / sanitized upon new guest arrival. Glad you ventured out and about to see the beauty which Wells, Maine has to offer! Thank you again for your kind review. Cynthia

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Not the fanciest place but clean and comfortable we got a good night sleep for a reasonable amount of money and I was satisfied
Had a nice chat with the owners at check in and they were very pleasant and interested in our comfort
It is a good location and I would not hesitate to go back.
I did stay in the newer 2 story building in the back and not in the cottages at the road side and can not comment on them

Room Tip: try the rooms in the back building
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I appreciate your direct, and balanced approach in your review. We try ourselves to balance the value for the traveler's dollar with what we have to offer. We are a solid choice for staying in Wells, Maine and hope to see you next year! ~John & Cynthia

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Fantastic staff, really could not go out of their way to help me with an issue I had with my car park at the next location, printing things for me and just being very warm, friendly and accomodating! I would recommend highly.

It is a motel, so walls are a bit thin, but room was very clean and well looked after. Starting to maybe get a little dated, but handy location for exploring, would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyGlobeTrotter

I hope things worked out well for you on the next leg of your travels. It is always a pleasure to assist a guest when they have a specific need, so no worries there. The one positive side to online reviews is that it helps owners (especially new owners, like us) to isolate the most important aspects a guest looks for when travelling. Like many things in life, it is a work in progress. We hope to begin ''freshing up' certain areas, to open next spring with a little bit of something new. :-) Thanks again. Cynthia