Bellevue By The Sea
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$152
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$119
Wells-Moody Motel(Moody)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$75
Ne'r Beach Motel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$64
USA Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$80
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$86
Village by the Sea(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$97
Orbitz.com
All reviewswells beachoceanunitmotelfall
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just got back from a wonderful one night stay at the Bellevue. The room was excellent & very clean. It had everything we needed & more. A woman named Donna worked the front desk & she made the stay even more enjoyable. She was very sweet & helpful & always addressed me by my first name. She was also very sweet to my children & listened to them tell her stories about their day at the beach. My 5 year old had just learned to swim under water & told Donna all about it & Donna told her when she saw her at the pool she would come in & see how well she could go under water & sure enough she kept to her word & came into the pool area & praised the kids on their swimming skills. The pool was beautiful the Jacuzzi was ok. It is the type of jacuzzi someone would purchase to put outdoors. It is an above ground unit not in ground like most hotels would have but I was happy that they at least had one. It is always nice to be able to soak in the jacuzzi after chilly windy day at the beach.
My only complains would be more about some of the other people staying there. There was a group of 5 Canadian adults ( at least I assume they were since allot of canadians travel to maine & they were speaking french) at the pool while the children were swimming. My daughter is young & wearing arm floaties which makes it obvious that she can not swim well on her own yet. This group was careless of the children in the pool and came very close to my daughter while they were apparently having races swimming back & forth in the pool with no care or concern to look out for the 3 children that were in the pool. My other complaint was at 1am the people in the room above us sounded like they were rearranging furniture. The noise continued for approx. 20 mins. I guess no matter where you stay you never know what type of people will also be there at that time & you just hope they are respectful. Last minor complaint is there is a very late check in time! The check in time is 3pm & check out is at 10 am.
All in all I did enjoy my stay at the Bellevue very much & absolutely plan on returning! Excellent place to get away. We were all sad to leave & head back home. Thank you Donna for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PrincessMommy306
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just came back the other day. Stayed in room 106 with husband and daughter. It was much more spacious feeling than most motel rooms. Clean room with just a few
out dated fixtures. Could use a new bathroom floor and rug. Other than those small
things, I must say it had everything you need for a nice getaway. Good size refrig, and stove if you wanted to cook something. Toaster and microwave were very useful. We are already talking about going back next year and staying longer too.
Beats other newer hotels that are not as close to the beach. Being able to walk to the beach in 2 minutes was the best!!!! We enjoyed our little porch at night as well. I Suggest you stay in the main building. Just seems like a better feel. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Checkout website to pick your room before booking. Every room is slightly different
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank karen N
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Good size rooms, fully equipped kitchenette, very nice staff, steps from the ocean, you can't do any better! I love going there during winter or spring or summer.... The ocean is always beautiful, the people fabulous. I just love it!

Room Tip: Rooms are very different from each other - please take the time to ask questions when making reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MALLARD22_10
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Very unreasonable cancellation policy. You can't book a room without paying for at least one nights stay. I needed to cancel 2 weeks before my visit and even though it was 2 weeks away they kept $50 of my deposit!!! Don't risk it unless you have trip insurance!!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This place was recently renovated. The new management was a definite improvement over the previous one. It's true that some of the rooms are smaller, but all are in various stages of improvement. If you can, stay in a loft unit. We stayed in #203 which was very comfortable. Front desk and housekeeping were outstanding.

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family