Bellevue By The Sea
US$152
Hampton.com
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$95
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Wells-Moody Motel(Moody)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$75
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$119
Ne'r Beach Motel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$64
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$234
USA Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
US$86
Village by the Sea(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$97
All reviewswells beachoceanunitmotelfall
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We actually liked this place a lot. Spotless bathroom, clean bedding and floors except for a small stain. Landscaping was beautiful. We never used the indoor pool but people were in there, they clean it every nite. Checking in was a breeze and all the girls were very nice. Parking was fine not a problem at all. The prices were great for being so close to the beach. We stayed in # 121, the smallest and cheapest room. The room had everything you needed, small fridge, toaster, Keurig machine, blow dryer, all utensils and plates that you need and A/C worked to good. It got cold in the room. We will definitely be back next year. Oh, and they had free coffee in lobby but The Rollover Cafe is to die for. The hotel gives coupons for free coffee for over there.

Room Tip: The cottages looked great, a small room is good enough for a short stay.
1  Thank DanJulie03079
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My family has stayed at the Bellevue for a few years now and mostly have had a enjoyable stay. We usually stay in the main building which comes with stocked kitchenettes which saves on have to eat out for every meal. So close to Beach and shops etc. The Desk staff were friendly and helpful. I did notice that the lady who normally is there in Summers past was missing this year. She was on vacation for the Summer. She always makes you feel at home and welcoming when staying here. We stayed in 106 which was across the hall from where we stayed in years past. The only issues I had with that room is that the stove needs repairing Front door was hard to close and 2 of the 4 burners didn't work. Also the wireless internet didn't work as well. I had to go to the lobby to fast internet. The bathroom could use some updating.Housekeeping staff depending on who you had were friendly for the most part. One seemed to have a attitude.One night I noticed housekeeping supplies left out in the hallway slightly impeding toward the center of the hall.near a supply closet and the closet left open. For the most part my stay was good. Just hope the Bellevue listen to some of my concerns about this particular room and make the necessary improvements.I would still stay here just might go back to the room we stayed in years past.

Room Tip: Room 105 , Main Building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was shocked when I was able to book a place here in June for an August visit for a single night. I thought maybe it was too good to be true, but when we arrived, we were very impressed. The room was exactly as pictured (I spent a good deal of time reading about the rooms and looking at pictures on the website to try to find a room that best met our needs and our tastes. I highly recommend spending the time on the website because our room was exactly as promised and as pictured and it sounds like these are individually owned and decorated units. We stayed in room 121, which had a great parking spot, and the right amount of space for two adults and two kids). The room was very clean (especially for a beach property!) and had a kitchenette stocked with dishes, dish towels and rags, silverware and Keurig). The beach was a VERY short walk away and the store next to the property opens at 6am for breakfast goodies and coffee. We didn't get a chance to swim in the pool but I did see an electric handicapped chair to allow access into the water-- that's something I have NEVER seen at a rental property before!
I'm not sure the room would have been comfortable for more than one or two nights with our family of four, but we loved being there overnight. The downside to staying here one night was check out time is an early 10am and they expect you out of the room and the parking space by then (limited morning time on the beach!). There seemed to be a lot of French Canadians staying here and maybe this place is advertised more there than here in the US. I had to dig online to find it. But it really is a great little place to stay right near the beach.
We had never been to Wells Beach before and, being used to the wide North Carolina beaches, were a little surprised to find the entire beach near the hotel disappeared underwater at high tide (we actually had to cut through a neighboring hotel to make our way back to Bellevue because the water cut us off).
Overall, do your research and this is an amazing deal on a beach place!

3  Thank AreWeThereYet1973
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our first trip to Maine, and the beaches were nice but this place was a joke! We had no problems checking in but the room left a lot to be desired. The carpet was gross, old and dirty. The bathroom overall was not very clean and was in need of updating. There was hair in the shower and lots of mildew. The table was never cleaned fromt eh people before us and was full of crumbs. 2 of the lamps in the room did not work and the matresses were very very old and uncomfortable. We were there for 4 days and they never cleaned the rooms. I had to ask for towels and toilet paper. The best was that I found a huge blood stain on the matress pad, I could see it through the sheet. When I asked for it to be changed the girl came into our room and gave me an attitude about it. Saying that the sheets were clean and had been changed, I told her I didn't care I wanted new clean sheets and matress pad. Her response was we might not have any "clean" ones. Really no clean sheets at a resort? She did changed the sheets but wasn't very polite about it. Besides the fact that you could walk right down to the ocean, this place was gross and a disapointment. I would not ever stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank smd0078
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location is great, easy to find and very short walk to the beach. The room and customer service was very disappointing. On a 90 degree day the ac was not on or working, the circuit board had tripped. The tub did not drain and the toilet would not stop running without manually fixing each time. The only thing the front desk did was give us a bottle of draino. We had to do it ourselves, no one offered to help. The sound and picture on the tv kept getting out. There were no sheets and blankets for the pullout bed. I found them rolled up in a ball on the floor so I had to request clean ones. The next day the room was not cleaned. The shower that was backed up was not cleaned, no trash taken out, no bed made, and the floor not vacuumed. No one ever checked in on us even though they were aware of all the issues. We were never given information on the area, pool, internet, etc by the front desk and they were not helpful when we asked about local restaurants. A letter a sent to management after our stay was responded to only with excuses, never an apology or offer to make it right. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family