“Ending trip on a high note”
Review of Joshua's

Joshua's
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Sept 30
Away for 3 weeks, we chose this resto located 15" from our inn to share our last dinner before returning home tomorrow morning.
Luckily we had reservations, for this place is hopping in a sedate, refined way. Though we booked because of the top-rated TA reviews, its repute is known to the innkeepers.
The ambience is understated with Shaker-style chairs and tables with white linen. I like it when the tables are separated widely to allow for a normal tone conversation. The service is attentive, and the prices are surprisingly reasonable for food as well as wine.
There is a daily special supplement to the menu. The specials are in itself a menu. I didn't do wrong to order the salmon and lobster combo with starters of Caesar salad and fried artichoke hearts. Our total, including the 2 glasses of white zin and tip, was $103, one of our most expensive dinners on this tour, but certainly worth it.

1  Thank alohatripper

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Last night was my first time at Joshua's and I was blown away...by everything! The ambiance and the service were superb, but the food was the real star. I had the broiled swordfish, which was the most perfectly cooked swordfish I've ever had, not to mention that all the vegetable were delicious and steamed for just the right amount of time. One of my companions had the filet mignon, which I tasted and almost wished I had ordered. Others at our table had the haddock and the duck, which were equally delicious. A great wine selection as well as some wonderful specialty drinks. We were too full for dessert, but the selections looked wonderful. I agree with a previous reviewer that I almost don't want anyone else to find out about this gem, but I think it's too late! It was a good thing we had a reservation as every table was taken. If I lived closer I'd be there once a week at least! Can't wait until my next trip to Wells!

1  Thank Martha S
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Everything about this place is great. The restauant is in a house that was converted into Joshua's. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar. Nice an cozy with a knowledgable server and good selection of wines etc. A few local residence also taking a meal at the bar. We moved to our table at our reservation time, and had a wonderful meal. The food was excellent with service to match. Spent four days in the area and it was the best restaurant we ate at, and we experinced some good ones. Would definately return.

1  Thank Jeff873
Reviewed 1 October 2013

From the start with a delicious side car cocktail to amazing shrimp appetizer and rack of lamb dinner. Everything was delicious with great epservice and appetizer. No complaints

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I really didn't want to review this restaurant because I didn't want anyone else to know about it! It was/is superb. Personal favorites include the crab cakes (so disappointed that they were all out when I got there Saturday night as I have dreams about them!), the rack of lamb, the filet mignon, the haddock, the desserts (any of them but the mint ice cream....or the nut pie...or the maple ice cream...I could go on and on!)