“Top Quality”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My sig other and I ware there last night for dinner and this was one of the top restaurants I've been to in the Ogunquit/Wells area. We had an 815p reservation and we were seated promptly. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledge of the menu and wines. We each started with a martini along with the spinach salad and wood-grilled mushrooms. These were both great dishes, the mushrooms had a delicious smoky taste. The bread in the beginning was homemade, the focaccia bead was the best! We then enjoyed, along with dinner, a half bottle of wine. The half bottle wine selection was very impressive. We got the haddock that came with mushroom risotto and veggies and salmon that came rice and veggies. Both dishes were excellent with plenty of flavor. I have had haddock at many restaurants, but this was one of the best. We then finished off with dessert, which was a fudge pie topped with their homemade ice cream. The chocolate melted in your mouth and was rich and smooth. When we got the bill, much to our surprise with everything we got, it came to $130- not bad price for everything we got! We will back to dine at Joshua's without a doubt.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were on vacation. Went to Joshua's (had made reservations) the food and drink was amazing. The beet salad was delicious and lightly dressed. I had a shrimp appetizer for my meal so so good. My boyfriend got the recommended lobster pie can't say enough, sweet meat, creamy and buttery crust. The best was my after dinner fresh raspberry martini .Desert was my favorite part. Warm lava brownie with the best mint chocolate chip ice cream. The service and our waiter Tom was terrific. I will travel the 1 hour ride anytime for this wonderful cuisine !!!

1  Thank Johannah C
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Since we have a young child at home, getting to go to a restaurant like Joshua's is a real treat. It is not a restaurant for young children and the menu does not cater to them at all. Although I suspect that my child would like some of the items on the menu. But having a 'grown up' restaurant is fine, especially when they are clear about that to all. Just have to find a babysitter!

We had a very enjoyable evening. We started with a cocktail for me and a glass of sparkling wine for my husband. Their homemade breads (focaccia, baguette and a molasses) arrived and were quickly devoured while we sipped on our cocktail. For appetizers we ordered the fried artichokes and the duck pate - along with matching glasses of wine. The pate was flavorful. I would have preferred a different aioli with the fried artichokes, but that is just a personal preference since I am not terribly fond of chipotle. For dinner, we had the chicken (with serrano ham) and the haddock with carmelized onion risotto. Again, a matching glass of wine. We became proud members of the clean plate club. Finally for dessert, we ordered a scoop of their homemade maple ice cream as well as the blueberry pie (it is Maine afterall) and home made vanilla ice cream. Along with the pie, we asked for something that would accompany it nicely and our waiter brought a glass of of the mead which was flavored with lemongrass and complimented the pie very nicely.

The wait staff was fantastic - very knowledgeable and quite witty.

Gotta find a babysitter and get back there before the season ends for us.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Always been a favorite restaurant of mine for years. We always go here for special occasions. Strongly suggest getting reservations as it is nearly impossible to get in here without them. All of the food I have ever gotten here has been delicious especially the steaks there. Everything is flavorful and the veggies that come with some of the meals are so well prepared. I even like eating veggies that I normally hate because they prepare them so well. Also the bread is very delicious here, all of the different types. Homemade desserts especially the ice cream are also delicious!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

. . . I am just not buying all the hype or drinking Joshua's Kool-Aid (or their raspberry cosmo).

We found the food to be rather bland and just a little boring. No spice, no "wow!" My wife had the salmon and I had the lobster pie special. In both cases the evaluation was "just OK." Upon analysis we felt the food did not have any distinctive flavor.

Both dishes needed something --- some spice, an interesting sauce or perhaps a topping. For example, lobster pie was simply chunks of lobster in a watery cream sauce with no veggies. It came with good mixed vegetables and what was called risotto but was just poorly prepared rice.

The mushroom appetizer was also a disappointment. Several of the mushrooms were chewy and the sauce was bland.

On the plus side Joshua's has a pleasant atmosphere and very good servers. The home made breads were excellent.

3  Thank TeamMan