“Outstanding value”
Review of USA Inn

USA Inn
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Patriot's weekend is always a good time in the Wells Ogunquit area of Maine. The USA INN is an outstanding value at $49.00 a night. The rooms are very clean and provide everything needed for a great stay including WIFI. We also received 2 gift certificates to the always excellent Mike's Clam Shack worth a total of $40.00! Now, that is what I call an outstanding value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for USA Inn

Reviewed 19 April 2011

We stayed in a room with a king bed. The room was clean and very spacious. The Inn is located off the main highway, but the room was very quiet. The Inn is not on the beach, but the beaches are within a block or two. Many great seafood restaurants in the area.
We will stay there when we visit in the fall. You can't go wrong with the USA Inn.

Room Tip: No coffee pot, but you're near take-out spots.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I recently stayed at this particular Inn for the first time earlier this month. Since it was my first time staying there, I obviously didn't know what to expect. Let me just say that it went way beyond my expectations. The hotel staff went above and beyond their duties by showing me exactly where my room was located as well as suggesting places to eat at near the Inn. The room itself was immaculate and spacious. I will definitely be back here in the near future.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rms have great views
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I have stayed at this motel on several trips. The value and location is excellent; staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Within easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping close by. I have never been disappointned with my stay at the USA Inn. I have recommended this location to friends in the past and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The dressers or bureaus or whatever they are called, well, they stuck and were difficult to close. It seemed like they could use new ones. The lights in the stairways had dirty covers and spiderwebs. If you are super fussy/nit-picky, that may bother you. It didn't bother me. That and a little noise factor is the only reason this place did not get 5 stars.

The location was great and not so great at the same time. Nice central location, right on route 1, but that contributed to the noise factor. The other thing was the slightly noisy refrigerator. But I got used to this. Oh and yes the windows don't open.

Now on to the good stuff, which FAR FAR outweighs the bad. You seemed pretty close to everything: the beach, a mini-golf place across the street, a supermarket in back, fast food places and pharmacies and seafood restaurants all nearby (Mike's Clam Shack for instance, and Verano's if Italian is your thing). The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and attentive (especially the nice older guy behind the counter who was speaking fluent French Canadian to a couple ahead of me. He kept asking if I liked it here every time he saw me and genuinely seemed to care). The rooms were nice, not fancy but clean and had all you needed. And the value was the best part, I don't think you can find another place that offers so much for so little anywhere else on coastal Maine. Maybe anywhere. I highly advise staying here, just request a room in the back which faces a parking lot and is likely quieter. (I will probably regret saying that the next time I try to stay there as all those rooms will be taken!)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We discovered this motel 21 years ago and have returned each year. We love this place and the manager, Fern Jalbert, is one of the reasons we return. He and his wife Jeanette are such wonderful,friendly people. The location is ideal for visiting southern Maine. The rooms are very clean and the rates are very good. It is very convenient for all you want to do. Many excellent restaurants nearby. It is midway between Ogunquette and Kennebunkport. Try this place and I think you will agree it is the best value for your vacation dollar !

Tom Worsley, Mahwah, N.J.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We have stayed here several times and have always been well satisfied with the management and the room. They were very polite and made us feel welcome and appreciative of our return visits. The rooms were always clean and well kept.
Their location is ideal for us (about one mile from the ocean) as we like to sit and watch the water,tide, birds,sunrise, etc. Located on the road to the ocean is an ideal breakfast spot and seafood restaurant. Close by is a summer theater that puts on outstanding productions with well known stars of stage and television.
Though we only spend a few days we feel very refreshed and energized from our visit.
We love Wells Beach, recommend it to friends and also USA INN