“Way too expensive for the amenities”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of USA Inn

USA Inn
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Wells
tookiemccue
“Way too expensive for the amenities”
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We checked in and they were very courteous, the room was clean enough, but this is a "bare bones" hotel. The bath towels were barely larger than a hand towel. Ice was provided, but was all melted. They had some tables out front, but no umbrellas, no other amenities besides TV, A/C, small frig and microwave. We ended up leaving a day early, and paid $235.00 for 2 nights, one of which we didn't stay for. Certainly not a place for travelers from out of town that want to come back to their room and relax. when we left a day early and I dropped off the keys I wasn't even asked if everything was ok, just gave me my receipt and said "see ya"..all in all a pretty bad hotel in my book!

• Liked — refrigetator
  • Disliked — price for accomodation and the size of the bath towels, shampoo was 2 little packets, nothing else was given for bath amenities
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tookiemccue
USAINN, Owner at USA Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2008
The USA INN is located in a beach tourist area and is well known as one of the best values in the area. The guest, unhappy with the weather, decided to leave early and his room was not resold. Our cancellation policy is crystal clear. He threatened to write a negative review if he did not get a refund. This review was expected. Hotels at the beach cannot control the weather and good hotels all have cancellation policies that are well articulated, as was ours. The USA INN has a number of reviews on this site, all of which are positive.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
MA
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We dropped in one Saturday morning and were lucky enough to be greeted with a warm smile, and a "yes we have a room for you!" We drove into Wells and had heard it may be pricey, but surprisingly, USA was affordable, clean, and less than a mile from the beach! We stayed in the new building, where our room was large (king size bed, Cable TV, AC,fridge & microwave) with a sliding glass door opening to a furnished balcony area. It was so quiet we were able to leave the slider open which brought the cool ocean breezes over us while we slept.
It was truly a great find, and we will reccomend to to friends!

• Liked — Clean & Friendly
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
w. ma.
Reviewed 2 September 2007

The USA has been a favorite of my folks for at least 10 years. I grew up with Summer vacations on the Maine coast. But these last few years my wife and I have had some great stays at the usa. Along with my folks and on our own. It's a great location. Lots to do within easy walking distance. My one and only regret is that its not on the water. But if it was it wouldn't be the great value that it is. I highly recommend the new king rooms. And hope to try out the cottage on the beach one day. Enough from me, just try it.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank chaneez
Montreal
Reviewed 9 August 2007

\My husband and I spotted this hotel on our holiday last year. Unfortunately, there was no vacancy. We were determined to make a reservation for the next year which we did.

We were extremely pleased with the hotel. The rooms were clean, freshly painted and soundproof. We were able to sit on the balcony in the evening and people watch.

The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant, showing us where the ice was, local restaurants and advised us that most places stopped serving dinner around 9:00.

We only stayed two nights but will definitely stay longer next year. There prices were great!

• Liked — cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — fridge and microwate but no coffee maker
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Easthampton, MA
Reviewed 28 August 2006

I almost don't want to share this gem of a motel with anyone, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I don't see that anyone's written a review, so here goes....

My husband and I decided at the very last minute to start our vacation a day earlier than we'd planned by going to Wells Beach for the day and without a reservation for that night, which by the way, I NEVER do. When we arrived at the beach, I asked the parking attendant where a nice, clean place to stay for the night he'd suggest in the area. He told us that we should check out the USA Inn at the corner of Mile and Post Roads. He assured us that they were very nice and that the rooms were clean and inexpensive.

After a long, hot day at the beach we decided to check it out. We were greeted in the office by a very pleasant man who told us that he only had 4 rooms left. We'd asked for a room in the back because we were afraid of traffic noise from the main road, but he told us that noise wouldn't be a problem and that he didn't have any more king beds left for my husband who is very tall. We told him that we'd take the room w/2 dbl beds, but he insisted that we see the room first before we committed to staying. He took us down to the room and we all went in. He shut the door behind us and there really wasn't any noise at all to speak of. He talked to us about the room, told us where the ice machines and laundry facilities were. We took the room immediately. Everything was clean and neat and in order. We spent the night outside of our room watching the people play minigolf across the street and chatted with a couple of other guests and when we went into the room, no noise.

We have stayed a couple other places while at Wells Beach and they were right on the beach which was great, but you pay dearly for that. The USA Inn doesn't have a pool, but the fact that that it's so inexpensive and clean and more than that, they are nice and truly seem to appreciate your business, I won't ever stay anywhere else in Wells.

Thank you USA Inn for a delightful beginning to our vacation. We can't wait to come back!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Price, Staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple