“Nice room, convenient location, decent price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wells
Sea Mist Resort Motel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Overall, I was satisfied with the Sea Mist and I would consider staying there again. The room was clean and comfortable. It had everything we needed. Everything worked properly and the room was in good condition. The Sea Mist is located right on route 1 so it is convenient to many main roads and prime locations. It is close to Kittery, York, Kennebunk, Saco etc. It is close to many beaches. There is a nice picnic area outside with a playground so it is great for kids! The pool area is nice. The pool is indoors so it is always comfortable for swimming. The staff members are friendly and accommodating. I looked at lot of other hotels in the area and I think we got a good deal for the amount of money we paid.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, small children or a lot of luggage, you may want to request a room on t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank holllywood38

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a dog friendly room. We had read reviews prior to going and a few reviews complained about rooms being small. It was not cramped we enjoyed our little room. I must say the bed was a little hard but tolerable, sofa cushions need to be replaced. AC was perfect and I loved the little room set up. Dog friendly area was perfect for pooch . Overall the hotel was very clean and well kept. Pool was enjoyable...we would definitely return!

Room Tip: I would ask for 2nd floor due to noise of people above you
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Spent a week based on a RCI trade. In the past trades have been fairly equal to our one bedroom unit, this was not.
Unit claims to be for 4, queen size bed and sleeper sofa. Smallest queen bed I've ever been in. Room would not hold 4 folks comfortably if they were midgets. For eating, small table and two chairs, I guess if there were four you could eat in shifts. Dorm size rfrigerator had no freezer compartment and only way to cook was small microwave.
Area was beautiful, people were nice. Kennebunkport was minutes away, way over priced- $17.00 for a fish sandwich at a walk up.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank babbydaddy52
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here Memorial Day weekend for four nights, along with our dog. Rooms were small for the three of us. There wasn't any space to put luggage and even the countertop was tiny. The room was very very clean, and the shower was amazing. Amenities include a toaster, microwave, tv along with a DVD player, mini fridge, and hair dryer. There weren't any toiletries beside for soap and the kitchen had a roll of paper towels along with a weird smelling dish detergent. There was free wifi; however it was very slow.

The hotel was very dog friendly. It had a gated dog relief area and rooms for dogs were right near it. The office is only open until 9pm, so when we arrived after midnight, after a long drive, we had a little scare; however our keys were in an envelope in the late check in box outside the office.

The location was great - a quick drive to restaurants and the towns of Kennebunk and Ogunquit. There was an antique place right across the street and Scoop Deck, an ice cream place, was so close you could walk.

As for sleeping, the mattress and pillows were a little hard, but what really kept us up was the creeky floors from the room above us. In addition, the curtains are so thin, they don't block any light so it was impossible not to wake up when the sun came up. If you want to sleep well, bring an eye mask and ear plugs. Overall, we had a good stay but I don't know that we would return due to the poor quality of sleep we got.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret2222
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Took advantage of this special for a little pre-season getaway and was mighty glad we did. Hotel was super clean and pet friendly and for the price of this special you can't beat it. Hotel is also part of a time share program so the rooms are all decorated differently. Only downside was that the beds are on the hard side, but for a 3 night stay we made due. Property is also very well maintained and the indoor pool was just an added bonus. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Msmymny
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We wanted to get the 1 bedroom suite w the full kitchen so we can save money on foods. . Bad choice, spent too much time washing dishes and drying them, after breakfast and dinner! Didnt feel like I was in vacation at all. Now for the room. Decent. Clean. But bring your own pillows and blanket and a small bottle of febreeze. Pool was great, hot tub great, the receptionist, excellent. Overall this place is decent vs the other shabby motel around there.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank saratime32
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I grew up in Southern Maine but have moved far away. With a new 10 month old baby, staying with family for Easter seemed like an awful idea, so when I saw Sea Mist had a 3 night for $99 special, we reserved a room. We had a room with one queen bed and a sleep sofa, figuring that would give us more room for our 10 month old daughter's pack and play and for her to play. I asked for an extra thorough vacuuming since my daughter likes to put anything she finds on the floor in her mouth. The reservationist said that would be no problem and put a note on our reservation for me. They originally planned for us to have a second floor room, figuring it might be quieter for the baby. When we got our minivan loaded and saw how much stuff you need when traveling with a baby, I called and asked if we could have a first floor room instead. They had one available and were able to switch us easily. When we checked in, the desk clerk (Brittany, who was very nice) said that since they'd moved our room on short notice, they didn't get a chance to be as thorough with the vacuuming (just a "regular" job). I was Ok with that, and when we arrived in our room it was spotless anyway! No carpet lint for the baby to eat! :)

The room was small, like a regular motel room. In one corner was a small kitchenette with cabinets, a small fridge (no freezer section), and a microwave and sink. A regular toaster was under the cabinet. This was great for preparing snacks and bottles for our daughter, and gave us space to wash and dry bottles and dishes without using the bathroom sink.

The bathroom was tiny but very clean. There was a repaired spot on the ceiling above the shower that wasn't very pretty, but there were no current leaks (I'm guessing the tub or toilet from upstairs leaked previously.) There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. My only complaint is that the fan in the shower section sounded like a freight train. We didn't use it because it was so loud.

We had to rearrange the furniture a bit to make a quiet corner for the baby to sleep (we pulled the sofa bed away from the wall and put the pack and play in the corner with the sofa in front of it. This allowed us to put a large sheet around the pack and play to give our daughter her own space. (She won't sleep if she can see us. I guess we're too exciting!) We joked that it was the baby tent.

The bed was very firm. If I stay again, I'll bring an egg crate topper for the mattress. I'm a curvy girl and my hips didn't like the firm bed. The sheets were clean and the blankets were cozy. The pillows were a bit flat but we always bring our own pillows so we didn't mind. If we didn't have our own pillows, I would have taken the extras for the sofa bed to use as well.

There must be good insulation in the walls because we know there were two rambunctious little children next door and we didn't hear them a bit, and I'm glad that when my daughter was fussy she wasn't bothering anyone next to us.

We enjoyed the free wifi, though it was a bit slow. I also really loved the pool and hot tub. The pool and the pool room were just the right temperature. My daughter even enjoyed a "swim" and wasn't all shivery! The swing set was right outside our room and my daughter loved swinging while her daddy packed up the car.

This was our first "vacation" with the baby, so we probably packed way too much stuff, and found the room to be crowded. For 3 nights it was fine, but we wouldn't want to stay longer than that. It was a pain, personally, to be quiet while the baby was asleep so early. A friend with a daughter the same age who traveled elsewhere rolled her daughter's pack and play into the bathroom in the early evening so she and her husband could move about and have lights on, but the bathroom at Sea Mist was so tiny her pack and play wouldn't have fit. I suppose I could have tucked her in in the bathtub, but that seemed like a bad idea.

The heater was very effective. The room was roasting hot when we arrived, so we turned it down to "Fan" and kept it there most of the weekend. We just turned the heat on in the morning when it was a bit chilly, or when we came back from the pool and were chilly from the walk.

We would totally stay here again. Maybe next time we can convince Grandma to take the baby so we can sleep. We haven't slept all night in 10 months. We're tired. We'd also like to try a 1 bedroom suite so we can have a separate sleeping space from the baby. They only have 2 suites, though, so they're hard to get.

Room Tip: Rooms with lower room numbers (100, 102, etc.) are farther from route 1. Off season Rt. 1 is fine...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family