“Awesome comfort!!”

Elmwood Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We truly enjoyed staying here. At check-in, the very friendly lady told us where to grab a bite for lunch. It was perfect! Then we went back to the condo and changed for the beach. I really enjoyed the luxurious bedrooms in the large suite...it was fabulous! Having a full kitchen helps, and the suite was beautifully decorated.
I guess the only problem for us was how close it is to everything. The traffic was pretty slow, but we managed. I would not hesitate to come back. Great deal.

Room Tip: Our upstairs room was great! Very quiet and comfy...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Pam A
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Ashley,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel!

Keep an eye on our web site and Facebook pages for some excellent fall specials including our two night Coast of Maine get-a-way package and the resumption of Bonus Nights!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Elmwood Resort is a great place to stay! The entire staff was welcoming and accommodating, especially Nancy who greeted us right as we walked in! Each condo was clean, spacious, and decorated to make you feel like you were at the beach. The pool was beautiful and with a trolley stop or easy driving access to the beach, the Elmwood is the perfect place to stay.

Recently, I rented about 25 condo units for my wedding guests and the staff at the Elmwood couldn't have been more helpful. Not only did they set aside rooms so all my guests felt comfortable making reservations, but Scott and Nancy thought of things that I totally overlooked during wedding planning! They graciously offered to put the gift bags in each room before my guests checked in, as well as re-arranged the entertainment schedule so that we could all enjoy live music by the fire pit on Friday night. As I was getting ready on Saturday, everyone at the Elmwood made sure I had anything I needed - they all knew me by my first name! They continuously made sure my guests and I were happy, and they even stood outside to say wave good-bye to me as I boarded the trolley to my wedding ceremony - it truly was like having extended family all around!

On Sunday, the staff at the Elmwood also set aside space for me to bring in catered doughnuts and coffee for all my guests. Not once did the Elmwood rush us, and they even offered to clean up the area after we were done with breakfast. I can't say enough good things about the Elmwood and we have already booked a trip back next year. Thank you Scott, Nancy, Carlton and the rest of the Elmwood staff. You truly made my wedding weekend a special one.

Room Tip: All of the 2 bedroom condos are spacious and beautiful!
3  Thank Ashley G
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Ashley,

Thank you so much for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel!

Our state motto is "Maine, the way life should be" and we'll always remember your event as the way a wedding should be! Your friends and family were one of the most friendly and classiest groups we've ever had the pleasure of having visit the Elmwood. While we may have helped out with a few loose ends, you had the foresight to think of everything - well done and congratulations!!!!!

We hope you all are able to visit the Elmwood again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Top notch place to stay. Had an excellent time with kids and grandkids. The outdoor pool was fabulous, warm but not too warm. Staff was amazingly friendly and outgoing. Condo was cozy and well equipped. Would definitely recommend it and stay here again.

1  Thank Joanie S

Joanie,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Elmwood Resort is always welcoming with friendly service and clean, spacious rooms. Great location to beach, restaurants and fun family activities. It is the only place we stay when we visit Wells, Maine!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Rox2me
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Rox,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our first time!! We had our niece's wedding and the whole family stayed here!! A great time was had by all!! Young and old!! Very accommodating, clean and the grounds are beautiful!! We will definitely go back!! We even Left brand new Expensive, Shampoo and conditioner and called the next day and they still had it. They even offered to ship it to us! Lovely experience!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Robin,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel!

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells and thank you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort Hotel! We enjoyed hosting your wedding party very much!!

Keep an eye on our web site and Facebook pages for some excellent fall specials including our two night Coast of Maine get-a-way packages and the resumption of BONUS nights later this fall!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was our third year staying at the Elmwood, even though we've been vacationing in Maine for years this is our favorite place and we plan to keep coming back year after year.
The registration staff greet you with a smile and helpful information, The indoor pool, swing set area, all clean. The rooms are spotless! Beds are comfortable, kitchen clean (even though we didn't eat in, I wouldn't hesitate to use the utensils and the outdoor entertainment is great. All in all, this is definitely #1 in our book - and I'm sure it will be in yours too.

Room Tip: We've stayed in the front section and in the back - all are quiet - never hear people coming and...
1  Thank MebbyMassachusetts
ElmwoodResort, General Manager at Elmwood Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Mebby,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel!

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells and thank you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort Hotel once again!

Keep an eye on our web site and Facebook pages for some pretty cool summer specials as well as some new amenities including a great big new outdoor movie screen and live entertainment every Saturday night this summer!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I were somewhat leery booking this room off the internet, but once we got in to the Elmwood, we were pleasantly surprised! Everything was very clean and the rooms were spacious! The staff especially LeeAnne, was very friendly and helpful. She took time for all of our questions and made us feel like we were the most important people there! The cleaning staff was wonderful! The rooms were decorated nicely and again everything was VERY clean! This is a great place for a family and couples to stay.

There are plenty of great beaches close by as well as good dining choices. The Elmwood is conviently located and close to great spots to visit. I would recommend the Elmwood to anyone visiting Maine's beautiful coast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Laura,

Thank you for your review of the Elmwood Resort Hotel!

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Wells and thank you for choosing to stay at the Elmwood Resort Hotel! Thank you for mentioning Leeanne, we're very lucky to have her as well as our entire housekeeping staff!