Atlantic Oceanfront Motel
US$173
US$95
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$119
Ne'r Beach Motel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$64
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$158
USA Inn(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
Wells-Moody Motel(Moody)(Great Value!)
US$78
Hotels.com
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Orbitz.com
Village by the Sea(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$97
Orbitz.com
US$86
Travelocity
All reviewshigh tideocean viewoceanfront roomprivate balconyroom was cleanside windowoff seasonsmall frigextra pillowssound of the wavesreasonable ratesour favorite placetop floorgreat place to staymotelmainesuitcases
Reviewed 10 June 2012

If you are coming to Maine this hotels view cannot be beat. We arrived in Maine when Tropical Storm Beryl was wreaking havoc on the area. We were walking down the beach and we saw the hotel right on the beach, and decided to walk in to see if they had any rooms. Luckily for us, they had openings. The rates were reasonable for the location as we were there right before the busy summer season. Once we got in our rooms, the view of the ocean was absolutely stunning!!!!! Our balcony faced the beach and at high tide the ocean came right up to the hotel. The rooms were charming and the beds comfortable.

They do have a very strange smoking policy. We understand that it was a non smoking room, and we had no problems smoking outside, but once we walking into the room noticed big signs on the balcony that there would be NO SMOKING on the balcony or immediate eviction and possible prosecution. That seemed a bit harsh. This is the first balcony hotel that I have ever heard this policy so if you are a smoker and expecting to wake up in the morning and have a cigarette with your morning coffee, don't stay here. If you can hold out smoking however, the views from this room are breathtaking. I am a respectful smoker and don't to feel prosecuted for smoking outside. So you have to weigh the stunning views with the smoking policy before you stay.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the extra money to make sure you get a balcony room versus an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sugarcookie429
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The suites are great! Lots of room, comfortable and clean. Rainy weekend had the beach covered with water, couldn't go out. That was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Suites have small refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank CtUSAMom
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We were very pleased with our room at the Atlantic Oceanfront motel. We had a great view of the ocean and a balcony overlooking it. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the thick comforter was a wonderful surprise! The only disappointment was there were no sunrises any of the three mornings we were there. Guess we'll have to return to catch them another time!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gomim
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Brought my Mother for a weekend... she loves the Ocean. There were no balcony rooms left but the man at the front desk said the lower floor would be easier and had a beautiful view.
He was right. There are three windows (one partially blocks the view with stairs

Staff were all very nice. Room was small but adequate. So what was the problem? I went to slip into bed and noticed stains on the sheets and pillowcase. I thought it was blood, front desk says rust stain. Which ever I was able to wash off a spot on the comforter with a face cloth, soap and water.....hmmm. if they were laudered wouldn't it have come off too? The man at the front desk came right over when I called with all new sheets, pillowcases, blanket, couldn't have asked for better service.

Next morning I found a dirty glass and food wrapper on the floor by the head of my bed and the night stand. And before I left found blood on the other bed skirt and the bath mat/towel on the bottom was dirty. Makes me wonder if it really was cleaned prior to us or just the beds made.
Wish I had seen all this when we first went in.

This is probably an exception but I won't take that chance again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Travelusa2011
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The Atlantic Oceanfront Motel remains my favorite place to stay in Maine! My husband and I visit many times a year and are always pleased with our stay. We always book the oceanfront rooms as they have the best views...you can't beat the sunrises in the morning and if you are lucky the full moon at night. The owners, Kevin and Deidre are always updating the motel. This past winter they refurbished the oceanfront rooms from top to bottom. The staff there are wonderful...Kathryn at the front desk, Ruby and Terri, two of the maids and Brian who helps with the grounds and maintenance....they are all friendly and helpful. Parking is tight so adhere to the vehicle size limits they reccomend. There are no elevators so if anyone in your party has trouble with stairs, book a ground floor unit. You can't beat the location, right on the beach and close to shops and restaurants. Atlantic Oceanfront is a well run family motel and worth a visit!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple