“Meh....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Billy's Chowder House

Billy's Chowder House
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York
“Meh....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Billy's is consistently consistent. I only ever go off-season, but the service is always mediocre and the chowder acceptable. This year, we so split a huge salad and some remarkably fresh and tasty fish and chips. Generally, I'm a steamers-in-Maine kind if girl, but l choose Billy's when I want a simpler dinner.

conn
“Seafood was just ok, for the price I expected more.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Went to Billy's on a recommendation and was slightly disappointed. Enjoyed the clam chowder. Ordered the baked stuffed lobster, it came to the table cool, stuffing was mushy and lacked any real taste. Baked potato was good though. For the steep price I didn't feel it was worth it. Had Maine blueberry ice cream which was good. Waitress could have visited the table after we started out entrees, maybe the baked lobster could have been corrected. Service wasn't as attentive as I would have liked, needed more drinks and was unable to order before the end of service.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pleasanton, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The name says it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

By the time we ate at Billy's chowder house, we were 5 days into our New England trip. So we had already dined on Chowder and lobster in Boston. Billy's chowder is by far the best. Huge pieces of clams in a delicate chowder and not overly thick. Perfect, is my assessment. In fact, my husband refused to order chowder for the rest of the trip because he knew he would be disappointed! The lobster was cooked to perfection and the coleslaw was a great addition. Our waitress was so friendly, which added to the whole experience.

• Visited October 2013
Coppell, Texas
“Good food and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stopped by this restaurant on my way to the beach late in the day. The menu is primarily sea food but there is also a bar for cocktails, beer, and wine. It appears this is a usual stop for locals in the area. The restaurant is located on the water just before Wells Beach . Nothing fancy but it does have a good flow of customers. Possible wait for a table. Food was good and prices fair. The chowder was excellent. Service in the bar area was good. No complaints, and I would go there again on my next trip to the Maine coast.

• Visited August 2013
Niagara Falls, New York
“Fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Seems like a place for locals and visitors. Food was very good and we enjoyed our night.
It is a very busy place and parking it at a minimum but you can use their valet service

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Billy's Chowder House? Share your experiences!