“One Of The Best”

Billy's Chowder House
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, Texas
“One Of The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

If you are anywhere within a hundred miles of this place you have to try it. My wife had the lobster stew and I had the clam chowder along with a dozen raw oysters. Super fantastic!

• Visited June 2013

East Berne, New York
“A 60th wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Thank you to Billy's Chowder House for making my parent's 60th anniversary so special. Eighteen of us had dinner at Billy's and all raved about the meal! We all ordered off the menu and our waitress, Miranda, was terrific and so efficient. Thanks to Chris for helping me organize this event over the phone. We will certainly be back next year! This is our favorite place for both a light snack and a great seafood meal!

Visited November 2013
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“Seafood, a great view, and very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Billy’s is well known to me and my family as we have spent a lot of time in Wells. It is always a place we go and we do like it in the “off-season” better as it is easier to get in and out of, easier to just sit right down. This past weekend we had a family party there with 22 people, and it was wonderful. The Seafood is good, the local craft beer is their own, and very good. You can not beat the view of the marsh – and our favorite is to sit right at the bar. I recommend this for all ages, all families. It is a very reasonable way to get a taste of Maine!

• Visited November 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Meh....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Billy's is consistently consistent. I only ever go off-season, but the service is always mediocre and the chowder acceptable. This year, we so split a huge salad and some remarkably fresh and tasty fish and chips. Generally, I'm a steamers-in-Maine kind if girl, but l choose Billy's when I want a simpler dinner.

conn
“Seafood was just ok, for the price I expected more.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Went to Billy's on a recommendation and was slightly disappointed. Enjoyed the clam chowder. Ordered the baked stuffed lobster, it came to the table cool, stuffing was mushy and lacked any real taste. Baked potato was good though. For the steep price I didn't feel it was worth it. Had Maine blueberry ice cream which was good. Waitress could have visited the table after we started out entrees, maybe the baked lobster could have been corrected. Service wasn't as attentive as I would have liked, needed more drinks and was unable to order before the end of service.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Billy's Chowder House? Share your experiences!