“What a pleasant surprise!”

Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Wells B&B and Inns
miami
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

i travelled to Ogunquit to see my daughter Natalie perform in the musical West Side Story at the Ogunquit Playhouse. i knew that would be a treat! It always is when i travel to see her perform. What I didn't expect is that my stay at the Holiday Guest House would become one of the unexpected treats of this trip. Snickers met me at the door, and handed me off to Michael and Bill, and that was that. Everything in this charming 1800's home reflects a business run by folks who love what they do. from the perfectly appointed room, to the homemade cookies made daily (I ate several), to the delicious breakfast, and constant attention to ensure that I was enjoying my stay. I will be back to Holiday to visit my new friends, this time with my wife, who was very jealous of the picture i sent of my blueberry and strawberry french toast!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2013

PROS: Centrally located, quiet, comfortable, beautiful, romantic, great food, friendly innkeepers
Location: On the border of Wells and Oguinquit. Easy trolley ride to either downtown Oguinquit or to Kennebunkport. Lots of restaurants, shops, and beaches.

We loved our stay at Holiday Guest House. Bill and Michael, the innkeepers, were very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. They gave us great tips on things to do in the area. The B&B is centrally located, right on the border of Wells and Oguinquit. We took the trolley south to Oguinquit one day (easy to catch!) and north to Kennebunkport the next day.

The house and grounds are beautiful. Our room was lovely, quiet, and comfortable. Our favorite parts of the stay were the friendliness of the innkeepers and the AMAZING breakfasts (day 1: French toast with blueberries and strawberries and the best bacon EVER; day 2: yummy Eggs Benedict cooked to order; day 3: amazing blueberry pancakes with crispy sausage).

If you're looking for a relaxing location for a romantic getaway, Holiday Guest House is a great choice!

Room Tip: The Littlefield Room (upstairs) was wonderful. Lots of sunny windows and fresh breezes!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Due to an unexpected cancelation, the Holiday Guest House Bed and Breakfast had a single night stay available, and accepted our request. Our lodging was pretty much set for our week in Maine, but we canceled a hotel night for the experience of trying a bed and breakfast. We wish we would have made more cancelations and spent more time at the Holiday House. The house was beautiful, and the room was clean and cozy. The owners were outstanding hosts, making us feel like we were very welcome house guests. They gave us suggestions and directions, and made the most amazing breakfast before taking photos with us and waving good-bye as we drove up the coast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

The bed's too comfortable, the food's too good, the hosts are too friendly, the dog's too funny and the place is too clean...and my wife says I'm too critical.
The wife speaks: this was a surprise I hate surprises. I agree with the above I want to live here with my new friends Michael and Bill and Mr. Snickers! I'll be baaaack!!! (Arnold accent)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bobalouis
Granby, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Having stayed at many places in Wells/Ogunquit over the past 20 years I was a bit nervous about staying at a B&B on the main road...well I was wrong...the place was terrific and the accommodations first rate...perfect if you have bikes as it's minutes from either Footbridge or Moody and even Wells beach...Bill and Mike were the perfect hosts and the breakfast is to die for...my wife and I would go back in a heartbeat next summer... Thanks Guys!!!!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as far as we could tell
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Holiday Guest House B&B - The owners Mike and Bill are warm and
friendly, felt like a homecoming! The room we stayed in was lovely, 2nd floor West Wing- decor
was charming and extremely clean, comfortable beds, quiet, calming etc. Each morning breakfasts were cooked by Bill, food was delicious. Fresh baked breads, fresh fruit , impressive variety of food. Great location, Mike and Bill offered many suggestions of places in the area.
Easy access to beach, downtown Wells/Ogunquit trolley bus stop is close to the B&B
This part of Maine is beautiful. Gardens are lovely - need I say more - Perfect 10.

New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We loved this B&B and we have stayed in many to compare it to. You have your privacy but the owners are there for whatever you need. Michael and Bill offered many great suggestions for dining, entertainment and area attractions. We were in room #2 which was lovely--nicely decorated and a very comfortable firm bed. The breakfasts were abundant and delicious! No one goes away hungry! The pool was very clean and there are plenty of chaise lounges to relax on. The location is really good because both the Wells and Ogunquit buses stop in the parking lot to take you to all the tourist areas. There are also garden chairs on the front lawn to sit outside, relax nd enjoy a bottle of wine. We will go again! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wells
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages
Gorges Grant Hotel
Gorges Grant Hotel
#2 of 36 in Ogunquit
The Anchorage By the Sea

Been to Holiday Guest House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!