“Good ice cream and frozen yogurt”
Review of Big Daddy's

Big Daddy's
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Wells
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Big Daddy's is a fixture in this area of southern Maine and, as a local resident, I have to say it is a frequent stop for us. They are located right on route 1 and, although they have a large parking lot, it sometimes overflows. It is a very popular place.

The ice cream is very good, as is the frozen yogurt. Both are hard serve. My personal favorite is the coffee heath bar frozen yogurt in a waffle cone. My family has sampled a wide variety of their offerings and every one has resulted in a smile.

The prices are on the high side, but you are paying for the quality.
If you are in the area and looking for ice cream I recommend Big Daddy's

There are newer reviews for Big Daddy's

Reviewed 1 August 2014

TIP: CASH only. Go inside to avoid the lines.

One of my top ice cream stores. Being from Kansas City, I love Murray’s in Westport and Sylas and Maddy's in Overland Park and Lawrence, Kansas, but Big Daddy’s ranks right up there. Big Daddy’s is open from 10:30a-11p in the summer. Skip dessert and go to Big Daddy’s instead. Sizes are small, medium and large and they give big scoops.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was one of the first places in the country to start putting crushed candy and cookies in Ice Cream. Their Ice Cream is hard to beat. Wide variety of special flavor and the basics. Go out of your way for Big Daddy's on Rt 1 in Wells

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent more time here than I wish to say! Creamy homemade ice cream in a million flavors! Our favorites were the salted caramel and the blueberry, but I don't think you could wrong at Big Daddy's. Prices are what you'd expect for homemade ice cream in a touristy resort area. Big parking lot, tons of flavors, quick service and easy to find. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Ice Cream was good, but similar to a supermarket half-gallon. At $5 per cup, I expect better. Not bad for something to do on vacation, but there are other local options.

Been to Big Daddy's? Share your experiences!