“Great Food!”

Mapleleaves Garden Chinese
Ranked #50 of 70 Restaurants in Wells
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Mapleleaves has great food and you'll have great conversation with the locals in the bar area with Bartender Bob! :)

2  Thank spunky1978

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visit Mapleleaves Garden Chinese often and we are never disappointed. The food is cooked fresh to order and well seasoned. They have a large menu.
We typically order the pu pu platter and a side type dish. We've also had the sushi (amazing).
Tip: Eating in is great but we like to sit in the bar for a drink and take our food to go. You could enjoy it at the beach (just down the road) or take it back for a relaxing dinner on your porch at Drakes Island Resort which is right next door.

1  Thank Ed_n_SueNh
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Being surrounded by the best seafood in the world has not inspired this restaurant to deviate from the way too typical menu found in almost all neighborhood Chinese Food restaurants.

So much for missing a stellar opportunity to stand out and be a place that people want to go to.

I had a hankering for a Kung Pao fiix and "wanted it bad" - so I took the shot and tried Maple Leaves Garden. (trying to think if this might be a Canadian/Chinese Fusion restaurant - small joke). Anyway, the food was just like I'd get at the average restaurant in Massachusetts or down in Virginia where I now live. Not great - Not terrible - just good.

Prices were OK - the portions were sizable - and the wait staff was very friendly and pleasant.

For the money, I think I'll wait for my chinese food cravings when I'm on vacation to be taken care of when I get back home.

1  Thank jhf0924
Reviewed 31 May 2014

So disappointed to have to write this. We frequented this restaurant often but we just got take out last night and there was a bug in the fried rice (no mistaking it was a bug with legs and all) and I brought the styrofoam box in bag back and told them at the desk. Before even looking in it one girl said to the other "oh it must've been in the fried rice" Like it had happened before or was acceptable! I said so this has happened before? She looked shocked and said, "uh, oh no, first time ever" I said..." Then how did you know it was in the rice?!!!" Discusting!

1  Thank Martin5c
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I just bought take-out for the third time in a little over a year from Mapleleaves. The first time was very good! The second time.....I ordered Pork Lo Mein, but when I got back to the room (in Ogunquit) I found they gave me Chow Mein instead....oh, and I am not crazy about Chow Mein! Yesterday, I ordered the Spicy Chicken Wings (not too spicy), House Special Lo Mein, and Szechuan Chicken. Back at the room awhile later, we opened the chicken wings and could not believe our eyes!!!......dark to the point of appearing burnt!!! My friend tried one and she said it was totally dried out and tasteless! We threw the entire order of wings in the garbage! The House Lo Mein was very good and the Szechuan Chicken was good. I am upset and disappointed with the restaurant in that a cook/chef would actually serve/package such grossly burnt wings. Also, upon arrival this last time to order take-out, I mentioned to the hostess that the last time I came in and ordered "LO MEIN" I ended up with "CHOW MEIN" and she just looked into the computer screen (like there would be an explanation or answer!!???) and never even said she was sorry! The next time I am staying in Ogunquit, I probably will try a few other places that serve Chinese or Thai food before I venture back to Mapleleaves......if ever.