“Family friendly”
Review of Majestic Regency

Majestic Regency
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. While it is an older hotel and could use some updating it was very clean and convenient to everything. The pool area was nice and also had a good tennis court. There were picnic tables and a row of gas grills. Complimentary breakfast was offered and included juice several selections of cereal, bagels,English muffins, toast, coffee and tea..and the most delicious donuts. We were able to bring our small dog with us for just $10.00 extra a night. I know other people have written disparaging remarks about the hotel but we did not find it musty or dirty. One of the best things is the trolley that stops right in the complex that takes you to Ogunquit and also Wells beach. If you have trouble with stairs make sure you ask for a first floor room. Don't go if your expecting luxury..but if your looking for a reasonably priced hotel, give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that may have been more recently updated

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I needed to stay in Ogunquit for one night and picked this hotel because it was less expensive than others available and had everything we wanted. We were not disappointed. The room was clean and the grounds well cared for. They had free Wi-Fi and a large heated pool. A nice breakfast was included in the price. My only complaint would be about Ogunquit itself. The traffic is horrible especially going north.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place is Horrible! Don't do it. Everything is broken. The rooms are very old and musty. The pool is murky and unkept. There is a little coffee pot which is filthy. We will not be back, this place was so so disappointing. Don't be fooled by the website.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Clev
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was fooled by the on-line photos. Room #22 was very outdated and smelled. Cleaning lady used spray to mask the musty odor. Cornice board/curtains very old and didn't match the rough looking country bedspreads. Furniture truly dated. Wooden beams on ceiling with tiles - weird combo. Cheap thrift rug on the floor with little to no padding. TV tiny, no alarm clock or hair dryer, or even paper or pencils. No wifi in room. The worst was the bathroom, green sink outside bathroom, old sunshine yellow tiles on wall, backsplash around tub shower pulling away in places, green toilet with yellow tank cover, and dingy white plastic toilet seat. If you didn't hold down the handle of toilet constantly, the toilet wouldn't flush. We paid over $330 for two nights with tax and I noticed their vacancy sign was advertising $99 while we were staying there. That's just wrong! Breakfast was Market Basket breads/cereals and donuts from a local bakery in a room that looks like jack built it - not pretty like the pictures.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
1  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

On relatively short notice we got a couple of rooms here for a night while we were passing through.

On the positive there was a tennis court and bar-b-que grills with a fairly open green space. The location is good being just a couple of miles north of Ogunquit with a trolly stop in the front.

One of our rooms smelled really moldy and nothing else was available. It also had no front door, but instead used a sliding glass door. The other room was ok.

The property is old, and the rooms have had a little bit of attention, but not much. It feels kind of trailer parkish.

I do not like to leave bad reviews, but one of the rooms (two twin beds) was pretty bad, so beware. The room with the king size bed was in a different section, and while it was not a great room, and least it did not smell bad.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were originally staying 2 nights at this motel. It looked alot older from what it looks like online. We got into our room at 10pm and we pulled down the blankets and there were stains on the sheets and pillows. (protein stains) It was so gross. Blankets and sheets were so think and old. Water stains all over the ceilings, and in the bathroom ceiling. Faucet ran not stop. Big gap at the top of the door and the bugs were coing in. We called roomserves and the only thing he would do was give us more pillows and sheets. The sheets didnt even fit the king sz bed. We put the top sheet over the gross blanket and we used a blanket we had in the car. We went to the office in the morn. and told the guy in charge. He did refund us for the 2 nights because he knew we were totally grossed out by this room and very pissed. he just asked us for our card and did credit us for both nights. also the Tissue box all rusty. counter trim falling off. No WiFi. The room was smelly. The grounds felt very scetchy. Go to the Best Western in York it is so so much better and reasonable. It's well worth spending $10.00 more. This room definately need a bad update. I dont think it has been done in 25 yrs. including the sheets and blankets. Don't go here, if you do you will regret it we did.

Room Tip: Don't go here at all. The place is so gross.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pattiann325
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. If you're looking to save some money on a hotel room, look elsewhere or spend the extra money rather than coming here. I honestly don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start with the worst.
1. After rolling over to the other side of my bed as I was about to go to bed, I realized that the sheets were a bit damp. After pulling back the sheets, I realized that I was laying in urine, based on the smell and the spot of where the large puddle was located on the mattress. It had begun to soak through the sheets when I laid on top of the spot. Absolutely disgusting. After calling the front desk, all they had to say was "I don't know what to say." I'm hoping they'll give us our money back in the morning (I'm writing this review since I'm now unable to sleep in a bed)
2. The room smells very musty. Which I guess isn't that much of a big deal, since the price of this place is relatively cheap, but it's still unpleasant.
3. I've been in this room for about 4 hours and have already found 3 spiders. Yes, they were small spiders, but spiders none the less.
4. Like other reviews said, the tv is very small, the tissue box is rusted in the bathroom, small towels, and wifi is very difficult to get, and when you do get it, it's very slow.
5. While taking a much needed shower, I noticed that the water by my feet was taking a very long time to drain (implying that the drain is clogged up). Normally isn't a very big deal, but when I'm washing urine off my body, I would prefer not to stand in the water that's rinsing it off.
6. Could have just been the people above us being very noisy, but I could hear every footstep they were taking very clearly above us, which makes it difficult to fall asleep when there's a lot of walking around and banging above.

An extremely unpleasant experience all around. Honestly wish I paid the extra money to stay at a different hotel, because this one is without a doubt the most rancid place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family