All reviews fire pit fritters tennis courts free breakfast hotel location cold cereal trolleys stop beach town peanut butter great pool area grassy area basketball hoop trolley system rooms are clean two double beds picnic tables first floor
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Overall the place is basic and actually suited my needs fine. I stayed for several weeks while on a construction project near the beach.
While the property owner thought he was being comical, he decided to publicly comment on my sleep apnea related noises...enough said..I was pretty embarrassed and found other lodging.
If you are a perfect human in all aspects, you should do just fine here

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I will agree with other reviewers on both the pros & cons of the Majestic. The cons are that it is an old roadside motel that has seen a lot of use. The rooms are a bit shabby and the amenities are sparse as far as fancy soaps and lotions. However, the pros far out weigh the cons as long as you know what you are getting into. This isn't a high-end property, but the rooms are very clean, large and comfortable. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. The location is perfect for either Wells or Ogunquit beaching. The trolleys stop in the driveway! The property has a large grassy area for kids to play, lots of grills, a firepit, tennis court, and a beautiful pool. The breakfast is not lavish, but they had CONDONS' DOUGHNUTS! That alone makes it a good breakfast - no waiting in line at the doughnut shop. The desk service was fine, they tried to help with any requests we had. The coffee, I agree, was just so-so, and decaf was instant, but overall - it was so convenient to be able to grab something without a hassle. I would highly recommend this to people with children - it would be a fun place for kids. Ask for a king room or suite if you don't want a pet friendly room.

Room Tip: if you don't want a pet friendly room - choose a king - the suiteon the second floor is very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank lwatroba
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stay at the Majestic frequently. The grounds are extensive for the area and very well kept- pool, shuffleboard, basketball, grills and a fire pit, plenty of room to play catch. Kid friendly. If you are looking for a super-luxury resort, this is not it. It's a basic old fashioned motel, but always super clean, and the kind of place where a little sand on your feet coming back at the day of the beach will not feel stressful. Price is way more than reasonable for the area, and the last time we stayed the room we were in was noticeably just re-done. Location could not be better, just over the Wells line from Ogunquit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kat41367
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Majestic Regency has a fancy name but the accommodations are very basic. Our room was clean enough but was dated with an old CRT tv. The continental breakfast was unimpressive to say the least, consisting of various breads and spreads, with doughnuts and pastries (didn't look very fresh to me). The coffee was terrible too. We didn't get a change to use the pool, which looked nice enough. There is also a tennis court in the centre of the property as well as bbq grills and picnic tables. The location was convenient enough, about 5 miles from Ogunquit beach. Overall, you're mostly paying for the location. The motel (aside from the pool and tennis court) is not much better than a motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel when previous owners were there. The rooms are clean and affordable for a family. However I have never had management be so rude and disrespectful. We brought our dog with us but didn't know they couldn't stay in the room while we were out for the day even if crated. The staff forgot to have me sign the pet policy and when I went I. To explain the staff never had me sign it , the form was ripped fr my hand and I was asked to leave and to checkout the next day. My husband has to drive our dog back to nh so we could enjoy the rest of our weekend. Then I left our surfboard against a wall outside out room, not protruding from the hallway any further than the chairs provided, and received a phone call from the manager while I was out on a trolley ride and told I had to move it. So unpleasant and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014