All reviews fire pit fritters tennis courts free breakfast hotel location cold cereal trolleys stop beach town peanut butter great pool area grassy area basketball hoop trolley system rooms are clean two double beds picnic tables first floor
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Do not get room 86. Loud compressor noise coming from the linen room next door which probably has the sprinkler system inside. Other than that it is a very nice place to stay. Can't beat the price, and great location.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Acquiring the reservation was easy and user friendly. The gal who took my 'order' helped me switch when I realized reserving for Friday was twice as much as Wed or Thurs, so I switched. $49.99 a night.

We got a first floor, King-sized room (118) straight ahead as you enter the main lot, located to the right of the kitchen nook. It was at the bottom of stairs that were horrendously noisy since there is virtually no sound proofing between floors. We would rather climb the stairs with luggage than be on the VERY NOISY bottom floor.

Eye appeal upon entering was fabulous, very roomy and inviting, clean. One problem, there weren't enough accessible electric plugs - you had to go UNDER the table in the bedroom or UNDER the counter in the bathroom to reach a plug. These should be accessible from the top. (I don't remember if the other rooms were like this) Next time we'll bring surge protectors or extension cords.

Nearly instant hot water (so they fixed the problem from when we were there last time). The toilet seat was loose. There was what seemed to be an attempted hole to be punched on the inside bathroom door. But the shower/tub were easy to figure out and use. Soap dispenser in the shower worked!!!

Breakfast - hot water, coffee, multiple different kinds of bagels (I hate bagels) but also pastries and toast (I believe). We chose NOT to indulge and the coffee was OK.

The only real problem was the HORRIBLE Internet. It was slow for most functions and nearly impossible for HULU/NETFLIX streaming through my Kindle - going on and off all night.

We visit Wells about twice a year and try to stay at the MR every time. We believe the value and quality FAR exceed other hotels.

Room Tip: Next time, we'll request a second-floor room in the rooms ahead or to the left.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here October 2, 2017. It was getting dark as we pulled into the parking area. We quickly checked in and carried our luggage into the room. We found a small but very well arranged room. The TV & Wi-FI both worked well. We both slept great and got up refreshed. We joined others in the breakfast area and enjoyed coffee, juice, cold cereal, toast, donuts, and fruit. This turned out to be a great stop for a peaceful nights rest. We will come again.

Room Tip: The apple fritters were the best I ever had.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We always enjoy staying at the Majestic Regency. For the past 14 years we have stayed there once or twice each year. We have gotten to know some of the staff over that time, and they feel like extended family. We love to walk, so the 1/2 mile to the beach is easy, day and night. The site is quiet, back from the road, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The renovations helped, with a larger refrigerator, and a desk in the room. The pool is a big plus when the beach is too windy for sunning and swimming. We rarely take advantage of the breakfast (too much sugar and cheap flour products), but we appreciate using the kitchen at other times to steam vegetables or make a salad. Our favorite restaurant in Wells in just to the north, only a few minutes away, Mekhong Thai. We never regret our stays there!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 September 2017

we have been going for more than 20 years and the place keeps improving and keeping their prices affordable . We use every facility, the pool, the tennis court, the BBQ and the free breakfast are really good and plenty !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple