“Holy River, you've sucked me in once again!”

Magic Falls Rafting Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine's fun, safety-conscious, value-priced whitewater outfitter on the Kennebec and Dead Rivers, offering trips May 1 to Columbus Day. Magic Falls base facility offers a campground with tent sites and cabin tents, a lodge with king, queen and bunk rooms (ADA room) and a restored farmhouse sleeping 16 for family groups who wish to have all the comforts of home. The base has the area's only outdoor climbing wall along with changing rooms and showers, half court basketball, volleyball, recreation pavilion and complimentary float tubes. Magic Falls is famed for its overnight "outback adventure" that include rafting, a hike to Moxie Falls, wildlife safari, tent camping and campfire meals. Magic Falls was the first to offer a double run of the upper Kennebec Gorge for action-packed adventurers and an upper gorge 1/2 day morning trip called "Cheap Thrills"
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and some of my closest friends rode the Kennebec and the Dead with Magic Falls some 6/7 years ago and we got hooked! For the next two years we continued to ride with Magic Falls, not because of the lavish accommodations, (they don't have hot tubs or restaurants or bars attached to their facilities like other companies), but because of the people that are apart of Magic Falls. I was so impressed with how personable and friendly each guide was. They relinquished any creeping first time fears I would never I admit I had about the IV rapids I was about to ride. If you spent the night at their camp sites or cabins, the guides would come by the camps and talk and play cards and get to know you. They made everyone feel like we were back at summer camp. And that we had known each other for years.
Other rafting companies we had used in the past never gave us that experience.

Recently I came back with only one of those old friends from my old pack, but also with two new ones to introduce them to my old favorite summer excursion. I wasn't disappointed. It was like seeing old friends, even though most of the guides are new (it was 6 years since my last rafting trip!). It didn't matter because it was the same welcoming feeling. Like summer camp. You leave with so many great memories and a crap load of new friends. And now I have that tick again. The one that wants to make it back to river and do it all over again. Thanks guys.

2  Thank Jennifer D

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was a first time for us. All the guides were good, ours (Chris) was great so knowledgeable. What a fun trip.
We slept in the cabins, bring anything you can think of for bug repellents, start your fire pit soon, bring extra clothes and sheets or blankets for the cabin.

2  Thank Maria122805
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife, eleven year old stepson and I did the Kennebeck river full trip yesterday and we could not have been better pleased with or we'll taken care of by guides Bill, Nate and Chris and Brooke in the office. We received a great deal of personal attention since we were the only party rafting, but I know these guys are great every day they are out there. Thanks everybody for a memorable trip!!!

1  Thank Gravedave30328
WFGBethel, Public Relations Manager at Magic Falls Rafting Company, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks. We had a fantastic with your family too.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a review based on a trip I went on back in the 90's!! When I was 19! It was so awesome, I speak about it so often in fact, that it's hard to believe it was that many years ago! I was just praying my son would be able to get a leave from the Marine Corps. In time for the trip I'm scheduling for the end ofJune; but he's stationed in Camp Pendleton Ca. I always promised I'd take him someday,(he was only 11mths. old when I came I'm the 90's) maybe next summer or maybe he'll
surprise me! Who knows! Either way, I'll be bringing my 13yo daughter! I just wish I could have seen our boughtmy pics/video from back then! It's just a fantastic day trip and EVERYONE WAS FANTASTIC! :)

1  Thank MsTammieJ
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I'm the Scoutmaster of Boy Scout Troop 345 in Alfred, Maine. The boys loved it !!!!!! They all said that they want to go back and do it again. My raft had Dave as the guide, What a nice gentleman to talk to.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Christopher B