“Lovely Restaurant with gorgeous aspect”

Jonah's Whale Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$88
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Perhaps the only feature that can divert your attention from the stunning view at Jonah’s is the food. The multi award-winning Hatted Restaurant offers excellent Contemporary Australian cuisine and an exceptional wine list offering more than 1600 wines from around the globe.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Went with friends for had a long lunch on a sunny Easter Sunday at Jonah's - it's on the northern beaches about 1.5 hrs drive north of Sydney. Loved the service, we were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The view is stunning, and we enjoyed a cocktail on the lawn before lunch. All the food was lovely and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had lunch - trevalla (great bisque) deconstructed tiramisu, fantastic wine list - VERY extensive, superb views, nice area for drinks pre/post; excellent whisky selection... Awesome.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We are here on a Sunday lunch. Seven of us.
The location etc is world beating but I afraid that is the best part. The drink service. We had a drink at the bar while our table was prepared, the previous occupants had not left, but did so almost immediately. Then they forgot to tell us and we waited 45 minutes before we asked and told it has been ready for some time. Why didn't we go to it.? Because we were told to have drink in the bar and they would come and get us. Sorry we were not advised. Drinks took a while as preference/interruptions for table service were frequent and it took 20 minutes for us to get 7 glasses of wine including champagne.
The food was good but not excellent as it should have been for the reputation and price. I asked for a steak to be cooked Blue- sorry we only do medium rare. It was in my opinion well done and I returned it. I changed my order when I was told that's the way we serve. Once more our request to lightly cook the salmon was not observed and it was well (over) cooked for our liking and a small portion. No effort was made to expedite my replacement meal.
Table service was ok but I have had far better in similar establishments. They were not sure where some meals were to be placed, in a place like this they should know.
We enjoyed our day, but that was mainly company and we didn't let the average service and food spoil our day. It did hurt a bit to pay premium prices for only a reasonable meal, not great - and service only fair.
I think they are trading on a reputation not on service as it should be. The staff were fine but a little pushed.

2  Thank Dinkumguy
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We recently had a long lunch at Jonah's - for the first time even though we live on the northern beaches. We were very pleasantly surprised by the level of service, from the time you walked in the door you were made to feel welcome and relaxed. The view is gorgeous, and the pre meal cocktail on the balcony is a must do. Once inside the restaurant, staff were very attentive and passionate about the menu. I don't think any menu choice would be a bad choice - with a great variety making it very hard to decide. We were amongst guests celebrating many occassions - wedding anniversaries mostly - which created a lovely atmosphere. All in all a fabulous day, and I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is the 2nd time we have been to Jonah's for a birthday lunch. Both lunches were amazing. We had a fabulous table by the window and the service from the staff was 5 star. Nothing was a problem and the food was devine. A lovely surprise to receive one of their candles as a birthday gift. We would thoroughly recommend this place for any occasion. We will make a 3rd visit