“Best Townie Pizza”

Profenno's Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 67 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This place is definitely the local townie bar! The pizza is delicious and they offer a dine-in 2-for-1 10" pizzas on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Service can be hit or miss as the place is very busy. I recommend sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Good sub in the Maine style with all the fixings(pickles, tomatoes, green peppers, pepper, salt and olive oil). If you want vinegar go to subway!
Only order a large sandwich if you were just rescued from a desert island. Do not talk southern to the folks as they are locals and leave all the R's on the bar. Worth the trip out of the Maine mall area to get a great sandwich and a little bit of old Maine.

1  Thank Ledzep1974
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We've had a good pizza there before, but this time they left off one of the 3 ingredients we requested and didn't tell us. When we realized it at home i called and talked with the owner. I heard him try to make fun of the situation and tell me that he's been "doin this for over 50 years" but i never heard any kind of apology. After asking him how he usually handles this and listening to him try to make a joke again ii told him that he didn't seem to get it , thank you, started to hang up when he said "Wait a minute, what the hell do you want me to do! give you your money back!?? Is that what you want me to say??! You drive down here right now and ii"ll give you your $16 cause i ain't bringing it to you. I politely got off the phone.

Apologies go a long way with us. The owner's lack of humility and people skills are enough for us to go elsewhere. There are many choices for great pizza within a mile of Profennos

2  Thank dJS123456
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I always try the cheese pizza the first time I visit a new to me pizza place. Where's the sauce? Sauce was in hiding and what little there was had no taste. The pizza was burned on the bottom and did have some taste all of which was bad. The crust that wasn't burnt was the best part of the pie. I was told that they had the best pie in town I guess I may have to try them again next time I go to the Portland area. Way over priced for what we got.

2  Thank Redwing227
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is your old fashioned neighborhood pizza place. They are really good at making pizza and their meatball recipe is so yummy. The service is excellent - they made a 3/4 pizza with sausage and 1/4 with cheese, so one of my sons could have cheese pizza.They even have a wine list. We go often for a casual meal with the kids and everyone has a good time for a reasonable price. I know a lot of people who get take-out there. There is also a bar/grill out back which seems to have more people in it, but we like the pizza place.