“Eggrolls!”

Phoever Maine Vietnamese Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine with a touch of Maine. Serving Vietnamese Classics such as PHO, Banh Mi, and Grill vermicelli and rice plates.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

At dinner time on Friday night, there was only one other table occupied so we were seated right away. The server was very attentive and the food came out quickly. We started with the eggrolls which were really good. The mushrooms inside were a nice addition. It also came with a garlicy gelatinous sauce that was actually very tasty. The beef pho with brisket was just average. We both felt indifferent about it but it wasn't dish that leaves us wanting more. The chicken and rice platter was very good though. It came with a fried egg that resembled an omelet and a special sauce. I would definitely order that again. The food was a nice change and I will return in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

It's been hard to find a good Pho place in Maine and Phoever Maine helps fill that void. We've been 4 times during lunch on the weekends and every time has been pretty quiet but service was very attentive. I get the large meatball pho and the servers always comment on how they are surprised I can finish it, in my opinion, it's just a regular portion. My husband got the vermicelli bowls with pork and shrimp--I would not recommend adding the shrimp; 2 pieces of shrimp for $3 is not worth it at all. The prices are reasonable but not a great deal if that's what you're looking for.

1  Thank Jess F
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved the food from the day they opened. The service/operations made me wince during my first few visits - the staff was attentive and friendly but food took a while. BUT I had to stick with it because there was no other place to get an amazing avocado shake AND a vermicelli with spring roll at once! After the first few months, the operational issues were worked out and if possible, the food got even better.

This place also never gets reviewed as a bar but if you're in Westbrook wanting a really awesome cocktail and light appetizer, this is also a perfect place for that. The cocktails have been practiced and carefully perfected, and the bartenders are usually friendly enough where you can try something new or play around with different concoctions.

The crowds are inconsistent. One night it's swamped the next it's a ghost town. My feedback on that would be not to be intimidated if it looks too busy or too empty. I've been there in every size crowd and the staff handle all situations with grace and make sure everyone is taken care of!

Trivia nights on Tuesdays!

1  Thank ReadyGetSetStef
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We tried Phoever because of a purchased Groupon, wow what a find!
Jen , who is the owner was so warm and welcoming, her staff was equally as fantastic we had Angela who was very accommodating.
Now to the great news...we had a wonderful meal. This was better than the many Boston Pho restaurants we have visited.
We started with the Saigon Wings so fresh and tasty, not a drop of grease on the plate. We also shared the fresh rolls. Made to our order, tender and full of fresh mint, and cilantro flavored.
I enjoyed the rare beef pho, so tasty and a very generous portion for the medium size bowl. Clean fresh on the palate.
My husband enjoyed the Bo luc lac which is a stir fry of tender beef, peppers and onions in a light sauce on a bed of watercress, served with a side of rice. Very good!
The price is so affordable. We had two cocktails, plus the food as mentioned above, all for under $50.00,
This is not far off the Maine Turnpike just past the Maine Mall. We plan on making this a frequent dinner spot. Good luck Jen, you along with your moms recipes will be a great success! Nafie

1  Thank Naf60
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I went for the first time last Friday with my Mom and my 4-year old son. Service was excellent and everyone we spoke to was very attentive. We loved the food and can't wait to go back and try something else.