“I don't get it...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wilton
New England
“I don't get it...”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been traveling all over New England for years and found this to be the worst place that we stayed at. We normally follow Trip Advisors ratings and are unsure of how others rated this so high. First of all, this is a MOTEL not an Inn, resort or a hotel. You can call it a motor inn but not an Inn. We were supposed to stay two nights but left first thing in the more. The room was cold and took a long time to warm up. The door to the room that was to the outside allowed cold air to come under it. And the beds were not that comfortable.

3 Thank Hawaiiantraveler66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed the weekend overnight of Feb 1st for snowmobiling in Maine on Saturday and Sunday for the NE reciprocal weekend. Called and booked the night before and asked if we could arrive early to sled for the day and then come back later for our accomodations and that was no problem. In fact, our room was available already by 9am so it was great to unload then!!! This was a great start to our weekend of riding. We got unpacked and off we went across a well frozen Wilson Lake which is in front of the Inn. From there we were easily able to go to town or off to the ITS trail system. The day of riding however turn out not so good as I had an unfortunate accident on a icy turn which ending my season of riding. After returning late that night from my doctor visit, an additional accommodation was made for visitors as it was too late to head back home. All in all, the rooms were very well taken care of and although I didn't get much sleep that night, everyone else had a nice nights rest from all the excitement!! The morning continental breakfast that was brought to me was just fine and was a welcome addition to not having to venture out. We departed the morning and was given a blessing by the innkeeper which was very thoughtful! Little expressions like that meant a lot and I appreciated it. Lastly, I left my phone charger In the room and was given a call by the cleaning staff that they would send it along. Shortly after, I received in the mail my charger (at a cost to the inn). I have sent the funds back to them and am now writing this review to show my appreciation! Thanks again for what was a great overnight even though my xrays said different! Blessings to the Willson Lake Inn!

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floors for easy vehicle access.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The motel was very comfortable and the beds were awesome! The room was very clean and decorated nicely. We had a nice view of the lake. The staff was very helpful, friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to travelers.

Room Tip: Room 52 was a nice room. Although it was a bit away from the lake and there were a few trees, it had...
Fort Kent, Maine
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The staff and accomodations were excellent. We were there for a state ski meet and truly enjoyed our stay. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. I recommend this Inn for any families or athletic teams staying in the Farmington-Rumford area.

Bucksport
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Thanks to the staff during our stay. As a highschool athletic team traveling for a tournament, the Wilson Lake Inn had perfect accommodations for our team with the suites. A short stay but well worth it

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Traveling with my 2 small children to visit family in Farmington. The Inn was easy to find off Rt 2. Their large sign was easy to see at night. We stayed in an updated room that was very comfortable, quite, and clean. The continental breakfast was tastey and fresh. Someone was even nice enough to clean the snow off our cars in the morning. I'm sure we'll stay here again. Can't wait to see the lake in summer.

• Stayed February 2014
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were travelling on Christmas Eve to visit our families, and decided to spend the night in Wilton. My wife had recently stayed here and enjoyed it very much, so we chose the Inn. We arrived late, but the staff had contacted me to accomodate our late arrival. Our room was cozy, warm and quiet. The lobby is very homey. We happened to be there several days following an ice storm, and have some great photos of the ice glimmering on the trees as we left Christmas morning. Overall, it was a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Rumford
The Perennial Inn
The Perennial Inn
#2 of 2 in Rumford

Been to Wilson Lake Inn? Share your experiences!