“Hidden Away”
Review of Wilson Lake Inn

Wilson Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wilton
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This little motel is hidden away off Route 2 in Wilton, Maine. Sits on a small lake, with canoes, etc. for the use of its customers at no charge. Rooms and beds are VERY comfortable, with land around the lake to walk. Nice thing is that it is very affordable compared to the chain motels in Farmington. You just have a short drive longer, and well worth it. Only place I'll stay when visiting my son at UMF!

Room Tip: ry to get a room on the 2ND level in the back near the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HUNTRACING
There are newer reviews for Wilson Lake Inn

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were heading to Northern Maine and decided to cut across Rt. 2. This was the perfect place to stop and spend the night. When we arrived there was a major thunderstorm and the power went out, but the back-up generator was on within seconds. The air conditioning worked, the beds were comfortable and because of the location, the area is extremely quite. In the morning we took the short walk to the lake, what a beautiful sight! My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer and enjoy the grounds and the lake.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were on a motorcycle tour of New England and chose this place as a 2 night stopping point. The hotel grounds are beautiful. Sitting down by the dock at night is a must. Our room was fine. It was nice that the window opened so that we didn't have use the air conditioner. There is really only one restaurant in the immediate area though Farmington does have a few. Breakfast is continental. The main problem we had was that the refrigerator in the room was so noisy that we had to unplug it at night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rented a room at this Inn and was able to move to a large room after a coworker cancelled her stay. Mr. Tom the owner was really helpful in the move. I and my wife were here for a month as I was working at the Verso Paper Mill in Jay Maine. The girls that cleaned the room and the ladies at the front desk were really nice and my wife really like them. This was a really nice place to stay and I will stay here again if back up this way.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and clean and have one to two beds in them.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay for the weekend while my daughter and I toured the University of Maine Farmington Campus, we chose to book the Wilson Lake Inn at the last minute. The Inn and it's surrounding grounds were more beautiful than I expected and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, the beds and even the pillows very comfortable, and the view from the front and back windows of the room were gorgeous. We will definitely be returning for a longer vacation stay the next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My daughter found this on yelp as we were looking for a place to spend the night on our way from Campobello, Acadia, and Burke, Vt. Right off Rt. 2 near the New Hampshire border we found this to be a super clean, friendly, inexpensive, retreat. We woke early and I did yoga on the gorgeous lake front. A small dock with gorgeously landscaped gardens everywhere. I threw a wash into the immaculate laundry room and my daughter and I borrowed two kayaks, paddles, and a fishing rod and lure.
About halfway around the lake my daughter spotted a bald eagle in the boughs of evergreens above the lake. An amazing sight, and another half mile or so towards the grassy shallows I cast and caught a chain pickerel. I didn't have the right tools to get the hooks out so a great fisherman and resident on the lake helped me with his hemostat to remove the hook. We held onto his boat and he told us about the lake and area, hunting, and good routes for travel. This was and excellent experience for us. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for an authentic country lake experience.

Room Tip: I needed to be close to the car so I asked for a ground level room. It was super clean and recently...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

While traveling on Maine Rte 2, keep going until you hit this place. It was surprisingly excellent! You would not know from the surrounding towns, but keep going until you get here in Wilton. The staff is friendly, rooms clean and affordable, the landscaping divine, and you even have access to the lake. My husband and I went down there to watch the sunset - just take your bug spray. I am so glad we stayed here on our roadtrip. Although we will probably never drive through this area of Makne again, I will positively remember our stay here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 2 in Rumford
Echo Lake Lodge and Cottages

Been to Wilson Lake Inn? Share your experiences!