“Tasty Lobster Rolls”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I stopped here while traveling on vacation. We tried the Lobster roll 2 different ways. Hot & Cold. Both were very good but the winner was Cold! Deck has a lovely view of the river, but just a bit on the cold side to enjoy it the day we visited. Costly for the rolls, but average overall when compared. French Fries were good that came with the rolls.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Three weeks ago my wife, son and his family, and I visited the Lobster Trap. The haddock sandwich I ordered was uneatable because of the haddock only being half cooked. My wife was unable to eat the baked haddock that she ordered because it looked more like some kind of stew. We showed our waitress our under cooked food and she said that it was probably because the Chef was devoting all his attention to a large group of people who we failed to see any where in the restaurant. My wife and I are senior citizens and have ate a lot of fish in our life and we both agreed that this was the worse we have ever been served. It would have been nice to receive an apology from the management and asked if they could get us something else to eat which they didn't. The Lobster Trap is a trap alright.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I've eaten here a few times over the years. The service is consistently good and very friendly and accommodating. The food is good, but not great, but fried seafood is not fine dining, so I really can't ding them for their menu, after all if you want a fried clam you go to a place like this and not to McCormick & Schmick. I've had various things, usually fish & chips. fried clams or scallops or a lobster roll. Their greatest asset is the outside deck overlooking the Kennebec River where you can watch the eagles and osprey getting their own fresh catch. Great place to while away some time, enjoying a sunny day or sunset, a cold beer or two and some seafood. Their lobster roll is not Red's Eats. but it's also not the same $$.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We came here twice on our last visit to Maine. The first time as with three couples and we had lobster, lobster rolls, conch fritters and other appetizers. The food was good, as was the service.

The next day we came back with our son on camp visiting day for lobster rolls. We sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the lobster rolls. He and my husband enjoyed the colossals!! The service was very good and efficient.

Will return next summer.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Used to be a regular stop when we came to the area because of the fabulous lobster stew. We thought we'd revisit after several years away. Ordered the lobster stew. Terrible! In the old version, butter swam on top of milky broth ambrosia and the bowl was full of lobster meat. The new version had a weird flavor and very little lobster. In fact, the menu informed us that you could buy more lobster for the stew at $3.75 an ounce. Yikes! At $15.99 for a bowl, hardly a bargain. On the other hand, I would recommend the fried haddock sandwich at $6.99 -- a large portion at a decent price. The service was very slow, especially considering the restaurant was quite empty for Saturday dinner. The Lobster Trap has seen better days, I'm afraid. I'm very sad that the great lobster stew no longer exists here. If you do stop, have a haddock sandwich on the deck overlooking the river.