“Lovely, charming B&B stay”
Review of The Marston House

The Marston House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiscasset
The Marston House
Ranked #3 of 4 Wiscasset B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We went to Maine for our friend's wedding and I picked this out straightaway as the loveliest (at least in photos) place in the area. In person it did not disappoint! The rooms are above a converted garage, but with whitewashed walls, exposed beams, and a fireplace, you feel like you're somewhere else entirely. The beds, a focal point for any B&B, are comfortable with gorgeous linens. Outside, the garden is beautiful and just a tiny bit wild. In the mornings, instead of dining with other guests, the innkeepers deliver coffee or tea, breakfast, fruit, etc. in completely adorable containers and dishes.

The rooms are quite sparse. There is wifi, but we had trouble connecting. There's no TV, no coffeemaker. It's quiet. This is definitely a good spot for a traveler looking to unplug a little.

And the wall between rooms is not so thick. Our neighbors were not having a pleasant time with each other, and we could practically hear the whole argument.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2013

When we first beheld Marston House, we nearly turned away. "Marston House Antiques Shop" is what fronts the Main St. and it is very like charming old Yankee Antique Shops with a tumble down porch and old things about. Great , but I think "an old bed might do me in!"..Well, the Innkeepers found us and directed us to their Charming Carriage House just behind the shop. Our private, oh-so-romantic "garret apartment" with a little narrow staircase and a little wood burning fireplace, encompassed in French Provincial elegance was a surprise and the magic began! The little town of Wiscasset has delicious restaurants, coffee shops, beautiful art galleries and fascinating old Sea Captain Homes. After a walk around town we retreated to our apartment and listened to the fire crackle and read interesting books left about. No TV and no desire for wireless..What a Shangri-la! The shower head was big with a full relaxing stream of water and the all amenities (Heating, fan, electricity) first class. (I needed shampoo, alas they did not provide, but hooray for hair dryer!) Next morning, they brought our Breakfast in a Basket with delicious French-tasting coffee, homemade biscuits and granola with fresh fruit. We continued our precious time together in our secret place and breakfast was the best I'd EVER had in this country at a B&B...no lie! Unique from stem to stern. When we first got there to park, we were directed to Back our car up a very narrow driveway and if I closed my eyes, I might have thought I was on a rue in Paris. I want to tell everyone of this special place,..but then again, I don't..so anyone who takes the time to read this and has, at all, some adventure in the their soul, they will loves this. La Boheme in a sea-side village of wonders!..One wonderful night!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank picklesnap
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Marston House for one night last week. We were in Wiscasset for the primary reason of having the famous lobster rolls at Red's Eats which was a mere 100 feet from our lovely B & B. There are only two rooms on property - both are in the upstairs of a converted carriage house. The room was spacious with a fireplace. I only wish it was cool enough to have used it. I would describe this as chic French Country. There is no TV, so bring books (although they have plenty of interesting ones to borrow). Breakfast was hand delivered to our door in a basket. We had the choice of eating in our room or in the lovely apple orchard garden. Very perfect. We highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JudyKey
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at the cottage at the Marston House last weekend and I only wish we'd been able to stay longer. The cottage, a block or so from the main B&B is stylish and lovely--white paint, crisp blue and white linens, a wonderful woodstove in the livingroom, beautiful furnishings and lighting. We were there for a school event nearby and had a pretty busy schedule, but we enjoyed the tranquility of the cottage, having a glass of wine in front of the woodstove at the end of the day, and the deeply comfortable, lavender-scented bed. The cottage is within walking distance to all of the intriguing antique shops in Wiscasset, Red's for lobster rolls, and good coffee, bread and pastries at Treats just a few steps away--really a perfect home base for exploring "the prettiest town in Maine." Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenbrier88
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend one night at The Marston House this past weekend. I wish we'd had more! The inn consists of two rooms in a carriage house. Each one is accessed via a narrow, private staircase, at the top of which is a perfectly lovely bedroom, with a 4 poster bed, fire place, table and chairs, and a narrow but very clean bathroom. We arrived to freshly picked peonies in a room that felt bright (with its white paint and high ceiling) even in the most dismal weather! We were encouraged to make a fire, and did so, which made it ever so cozy inside our room. Breakfast the next morning arrived in a basket and consisted of the freshest fruit and granola, warm biscuits, freshly squeezed tangerine juice, and wonderfully strong coffee. Every detail was absolutely delightful, from the glass bottle of milk, to the French linen, to the tiny ramekin of butter! My only complaint is that the hot water ran out while I was showering. Otherwise, I was overjoyed with my stay. I so appreciated the owners' attention to detail, including the recycled paper products and natural soap in the bathroom. This is a "green" inn with European charm. Be advised that a locked door adjoins the inn's two rooms, so you will be able to hear the voices of your "neighbors". However, our room felt completely private and was lovelier than we could have imagined. For the price, this inn is an incredible value. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teacherinvermont
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Staying at Marston House is quite pleasant. Instead of a 181-channel cable tv there are books to read. The hand-made window treatments are quite nice. The room is spacious and inviting. We visited during a week when the evening temperatures hovered in the mid-high 60s. Since the rooms aren't air-conditioned, I can only speculate their comfort level during higher temperatures. The only drawback to our stay was the pillows...down-filled, but very, very flat. But it was our fault that we didn't ask if there were "fluffier" ones available. All-in-all a nice stay at a B&B run by two very nice people, Sharon and Paul.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2008

The accommodations were Spartan, the towels rough and the breakfast in a hamper forgettable. We were there in late October. The house had the largest political sign I've ever seen across the top half of the place. There were 20 or 30 political lawn signs along the walkway. There was a life size portrait of the candidate in the house. The mannequins displaying fine linen had political buttons attached. We felt so uncomfortable. Sadly they didn't care how their political views might affect their clientele. We looked for vacancies, but had to spend the night. We'd already given them our credit card. The saving grace was Sarah's Restaurant across the street served the best lobster we'd had on our New England adventure

• Stayed: October 2008
7  Thank LavenderFlorida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiscasset
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Wiscasset Woods Lodge
Wiscasset Woods Lodge
#1 of 1 in Wiscasset
Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort & Spa

Been to The Marston House? Share your experiences!