“another chance”

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Under new ownership. We are open 7 days a week from 5am-2pm. Breakfast served all day. All meals are home made and large portions served.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

new operators deserve a new look I've been told they are much better, and will give them a try asap then will let everyone know how it goes
Ok so I stopped in for breakfast it wasn't very busy the service was very prompt the food was ready quickly and very much to my liking , the new owner was waiting tables and was very friendly
I HOPE THEY DO WELL !
PS I'LL BE BACK

1  Thank gbtnaar

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I ate breakfast here last July based on reviews here on this site. Working in the area and had an awesome meal. So I was excited to stop today and have my family try it out. They say you can't go back, and this was a case of I shouldn't have gone back.

They were not busy, but the server seemed to lack focus. My wife's sandwich sat in the window for a good 5 minutes while the sever waited on the rest of the order to come up. During this time she cleaned other tables with a spray bottle, and without washing her hands retrieved our meals as well as filling glasses with ice straight out of the ice bin without a scoop. Now I am not a clean freak, but these procedures are not acceptable for preventing food contamination.

Now for the food quality: My burger was a frozen patty, the roll looks like it was old. The handcut fries were cooked, but no crispiness. Pale and white. My wife's pastrami was overdone. Her son's hot dog rolls broke in two and were very dry indicating age as well. Then the cost of a fountain soda of $2.50 was the crowning touch. A lackluster meal served by uninterested staff. This place has changed since my first visit. Sorry, I will not be back.

1  Thank mainiac1957
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I a fan of diners. I liked this one. Good omelette with LOTS of cheese. Like lots. This is not a bad thing. And toast made from fresh baked white bread. Yummy. Very useful for wiping up the leftover cheese from the omelette. Very good coffee too. Took some to go. Service was good and the place seemed popular. The counter is table height so it's comfortable to eat at, but when you stand up you feel 13 feet tall. ;-)

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was not impressed with the food. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and it was tasty but the bread was not toasted and very soggy. My boyfriend ordered a steak bomb and said it was the worst he has ever had. The bottom of it ripped and was soggy so he had to cut it in half. My 4 yr old enjoyed the chicken tenders and fries. I sampled them and the tenders were really tasty and juicy. The decor is tacky and not that welcoming. The waitress was nice enough but seemed like she was rushing us out. She brought us our check before we were even half way through our meal. They give you cans of soda, no free refills like most places and I get thirsty :) I will go back and try breakfast because I have a feeling that might be a lot better.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Finally stopped for breakfast after years of driving by. Excellent home made corned beef hash and very reasonable prices.