“Very Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Under new ownership. We are open 7 days a week from 5am-2pm. Breakfast served all day. All meals are home made and large portions served.
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Homemade breads, homemade corned beef hash, large portions!
Breakfast special with meat and coffee for $7! Yikes! I guess if I rated it against the Ritz I could pick it apart. But, it is an old roadside diner just off rte 1 recently taken over by new owners. There are no tablecloths, pepper grinders, or crystal. Yes, you get one fork. Deal with it, this is somewhat rural Maine, the dining room does not rotate.

Wiscasset, Maine
“At best.....OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Typical of the area in friendly, breakfast-lunch diners. Everything about it is just OK. Can be crowded, and they are always understaffed. The wait for nothing special makes it not #1.

• Visited June 2014
Maine
“Third Try and Never Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We heard that this place was under new management, so we decided to try it again. What a disaster. I ordered a toasted English Muffin, bacon and eggs over medium to hard. The plate arrived. I immediately sent the English Muffin back to be toasted (it was warm, but no signs of toast). I then noticed the eggs that resembled poached eggs -- certainly not fried, let along medium to hard. I took one bite, and realized they tasted worse than they looked. The waitress did take the eggs off our our bill. My husband ordered 2 sunny eggs, white toast and corned beef hash. We each had coffee. Without the eggs even, our bill was $15.11!!!!!! The atmosphere is of a dying restaurant. I'm sorry that i didn't take a picture -- that would say how horrible it was better than my words. Sorry Miss Wiscasset, but you won't be seeing these locals again. See my earlier review of our previous experience there.

• Visited May 2014
Milford, New Hampshire
“another chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

new operators deserve a new look I've been told they are much better, and will give them a try asap then will let everyone know how it goes
Ok so I stopped in for breakfast it wasn't very busy the service was very prompt the food was ready quickly and very much to my liking , the new owner was waiting tables and was very friendly
I HOPE THEY DO WELL !
PS I'LL BE BACK

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank gbtnaar
Brewer,Maine
“What happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I ate breakfast here last July based on reviews here on this site. Working in the area and had an awesome meal. So I was excited to stop today and have my family try it out. They say you can't go back, and this was a case of I shouldn't have gone back.

They were not busy, but the server seemed to lack focus. My wife's sandwich sat in the window for a good 5 minutes while the sever waited on the rest of the order to come up. During this time she cleaned other tables with a spray bottle, and without washing her hands retrieved our meals as well as filling glasses with ice straight out of the ice bin without a scoop. Now I am not a clean freak, but these procedures are not acceptable for preventing food contamination.

Now for the food quality: My burger was a frozen patty, the roll looks like it was old. The handcut fries were cooked, but no crispiness. Pale and white. My wife's pastrami was overdone. Her son's hot dog rolls broke in two and were very dry indicating age as well. Then the cost of a fountain soda of $2.50 was the crowning touch. A lackluster meal served by uninterested staff. This place has changed since my first visit. Sorry, I will not be back.

• Visited April 2014