“Great Service...OK Meal”

Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My sister and I stopped here for lunch on the way back "south" from a trip downeast. We enjoyed the light-filled space inside overlooking the water even though it was too cold to sit outside. Our server was super! My sister had the traditional lobster roll on wheat and I had the plain (undressed - no mayo!) lobster meat on the wheat roll. The rolls were homemade, but were so large they overpowered the lobster. I'd be willing to give Sarah's another try, next time with my husband.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good standard food. Good soup and salad bar. OK pizza. Good bet for a quick lunch. But other places in town better for dinner.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Soup/chili:chowder and breads combination is the best item here . Good Reuben's and chicken salad and huge good deserts. Otherwise, go elsewhere,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We've been 3 or 4 times and want to like it so we keep trying. Tonight we had the soup bar. The chili was okay, not very spicy, but we realize that some people don't like it as spicy as we do. The haddock chowder was completely tasteless. It should have been called potato soup. It really was terrible and lukewarm too. The garlic bread was okay but the spinach bread was pasty and tasted underdone. This was the last time we'll go here.

1  Thank midcoastfoodlover
Reviewed 22 March 2014

It was a cold day and we were looking forward to tucking in to a good lunch. Sadly, this place wasn't it. The haddock chowder was absolutely tasteless - we got a cup between the two of us and it was so bad, we only ate a third of it, even though we were starved.

Chicken Caesar wrap and veggie burgers were okay, but the fries they came with were way overdone, as if they'd been sitting under the heating lamp for hours.

The view is really good, though. Big paned windows that look out over the water. I wish I could say that was reason enough to stop by but it wasn't.

I'd say it's not worth the stop.

1  Thank Traveltoo5