“Great lunch”

Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My first time here and had a Greek salad and the beef chili was awesome. There breads were to die for. I'll be back again. Our waitress was pleasant.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On a rainy day, family and I waited 15 minutes for a table, no big deal. Shared a plate of nachos and had desert. Theo was a good waiter.....great local artists and authors work on display.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I usually research a bit before picking a restaurant, but passing through Wiscasset with a dead phone and an empty stomach, we took a chance on Sarah's Cafe. Having eaten lobster the night before, we ignored the long line at Red's across the street, and after checking the menu handily posted, we proceeded in. There are a few (5-6?) tables outside on the deck, but these were filled. We were seated a row back from the windows, that still afforded a decent view of the ocean and yes, the never ending line of cars crossing the bridge. I had a rueben sandwich that was very tasty. My companion had 1/2 a veggie sandwich that was huge! and a cup of soup. Highlights were the homemade (we assumed, it was so fresh and flavorful!) bread at the soup bar, and the desert! We both sampled the blueberry crumb pie. Thick with Maine blueberries, and topped with a crunchy layer, I also had mine warmed, and a la mode! YUM! Other deserts displayed in the case looked equally scrumptious! Atmosphere was casual, many families as well as couples in the restaurant. There is an attached bar, with it's own deck. Friendly efficient waitstaff made this a very pleasant experience. Not fancy, but certainly satisfying. Bill for 2 was $40.00 including tip. Recommended.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

If you like romance of a train going buy and traffic backed up due to Reds Eats across the street then stop here and eat out in the patio deck overlooking the bay. Delicious, friendly, and IMO better than Reds (which also had good food).

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Took a questionable weather day and made a day trip to Wiscasset. Had a good time looking through the antique shops. The weather did cooperate for walking the streets after all. Highlight of our day was Sarah's Café. Even sitting inside, the views are great by the water, and the food is very good as well. Fresh haddock is served in a variety of ways, as well as other dishes, including lobster, and my wife and I both were quite satisfied (and full) with our choices. Desserts also worthy of partaking. We would return.