“Girls night away - success!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiscasset
Snow Squall Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Wiscasset B&B and Inns
Seattle, WA
“Girls night away - success!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Last weekend on a spur of the moment, my best friend and I left her kids with her husband and decided to drive up to Wiscasset for an overnight so we could have a day and a half to tour the area. Made a last minute reservation with the Snow Squall and when we arrived at the tail end of check in (right before dinner), we almost didn't want to leave to go back out. We stayed in the Golden Horn room (had a king bed) which was so cute and well-appointed. We relaxed immediately! Upon recommendation from the super helpful Melanie Harris (Innkeeper with her husband Paul Harris), we had dinner in Damariscotta at the River Grill which was excellent.

The next morning we missed breakfast because we slept in and when we went down to inquire about a cup of coffee.. Melanie insisted on having a tray of fruit, scones and coffee sent up to us.
The inn was full, mind you! This was just an example of their hospitality which makes me certain that if I ever find myself up in that area again, I will stay at the Snow Squall! Thanks Melanie and Paul for a short but lovely stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Julievil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
USA
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My Wife and I were on our way back from Bar Harbor and we were not in a hurry to get back to Boston. So we decided to stop in Wiscasset and look around and spend the night. We googled B&B's and up popped the Snow Squall. We were in luck, they had a room. The Snow Squall sits right off the main road and if you are not paying attention you will miss it. Once you make that turn you will come upon a very lovely B&B that is operated by two very nice people. The house and the grounds are impeccably maintained. The breakfast is incredible from juice, to fresh fruit, to biscuits, to cereal, to eggs and bacon and on and on--all prepared by Paul ( I woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee). How delightful. Paul is very helpful in providing things to do and see in the area. Melanie has a yoga studio at the back of the property. We were very lucky, they close for the season at the end of October.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gczars
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I feel all the previous reviews have said it all but here goes.
The house is wonderful, beautifully appointed and comfortable beyond description.
We stayed in the White Falcon room and it was spacious with a bed to die for. The biggest issue was getting up in the morning.
Comfortable lounges with tea, coffee and cookies available all day.

The breakfast was delicious and as said Paul and Melanie are wonderful hosts and we enjoyed the banter with Paul and other guests which made the atmosphere totally relaxed and very comfortable.

If you are visiting New England and are coming up to Maine try and stay here it is well worth it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Craighigg1959
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our stay at The Snow Squall B & B was a wonderful experience. The rooms are beautiful, very comfortable and very clean. The décor throughout the house is just perfect, it really give you the feel of being at home. The breakfasts were so delicious they compared to eating a meal in a five star restaurant. The proprietors, Paul and Mel are wonderful hosts, they make you feel so comfortable and relaxed the minute you walk through the door. I would highly recommend a stay at this B&B, its a wonderful place.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is a wonderful B&B and Paul and Mel are highly professional and delightful hosts. We were extremely lucky to find Snow Squall as we'd had a wet and windy drive through Maine. Within minutes we were welcomed into the warmth of this lovely house and everything was transformed!
Decor, bedrooms, bathrooms and the breakfast were absolutely delightful and we'd love to go back some other time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haulkerton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Thankfully, I was lucky enough to cycle along - and spot this marvelous Bed & Breakfast in the great little village of Wiscasset.The owner Paul recognized my British accent as I enquired into the price & pinpointed my hometown back in England. This guy is great. Introducing me to Mel - his beautiful wife, they made me a cup of tea & welcomed me into their Inn. This place is a must. Its just perfect. From the location - to the grounds, the high finish interior the superior comfort, immaculate cleanliness....I could go on. I will. Paul is a professional Chef. And it shows. I had the most gorgeous breakfast ( see photo ). The only problem with this place is that you don't want to leave. I can not praise it enough.
100% perfection.

Room Tip: I personally had the exquisite Ocean Herald room. I imagine every room to be as good. You can't...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Somersworth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This place is great!!!
We arrived very late on a Friday and the folks were welcoming and helped us get settled. Breakfast was so fresh. Rooms are clean. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small, but still ok!!!
Definitely staying there again!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiscasset
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort & Spa
Newcastle Inn
Newcastle Inn
#1 of 4 in Newcastle

Been to Snow Squall Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!