“Very friendly people, something for everyone, a nice Maine experience!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Montsweag Flea Market
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Woolwich
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Yesterday was my first time attending this Flea Market, and I was very nervous. It was the first time I would be taking part and showing my picture coasters that I have been making all winter long. I am shy, and was nervous about the experience. I was worried for nothing. The people are absolutely the most amazing, friendly, warm and inviting people. People who are from Maine are friendly in general, but the ladies here made me feel so relaxed and at ease. The woman running the Flea Market is so easy to talk to, and the ladies who had tables on either side of me were the most helpful, I felt so much better. This was a great experience. I look forward to doing it again. There is something for everyone, even meals and great conversations!!!! Such a wonderful place!!!

2  Thank Advice03431
There are newer reviews for Montsweag Flea Market

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Living in Maine, we have a stream of summer guests. Ranked right up there with lobster, lighthouses and Maine,s beauty is a visit to Montsweag flea market. Our daughters always love to shop there as Everyone has been friendly and helpful. A huge variety at great prices brings them back time and again.

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I've been a patron of Montsweag Flea Market for over 20 years. I always have a good time and find great deals. Get there early, grab some breakfast at the food stand and take your morning Moxie with you while you shop.

2  Thank alcoguy
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hard to believe. Apparently the grounds are owned by a woman who came after my wife, who was carrying our 4month old baby in her arms. My wife was walking her very well trained dog without a leash, which is against the rules (she didn't know, there was no sign) The owner said something about a leash to my wife and so she headed back to the car on the far opposite side of the market. Apparently my wife didn't move fast enough because the woman came after her, blowing cigarette smoke in our baby's face, and physically intimidating my wife, who literally thought she was about to be punched. My wife was leaving quickly but the woman would not back off. The woman kept yelling that it was private property and she was calling the police. She harassed my wife to her car called her a Mass hole when she saw the plates and off we went. Honestly disappointing that no vendors came to my wife and child's defense. Please do not go to this flea market. The grounds are owned by a terrible person and she ruined and otherwise fun trip to Maine.

9  Thank Obadiah J
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is the kind of place I look for in a Flea Market. Large, varied, all sorts of vintage and non-vintage items, reasonable pricing and generally affable vendors. It is certainly not so upscale that you can't find a bargain. The vendors are either very knowledgable or know how to bait the verbal hook or both. Most offer a long story about every item you check out including provenance and why their asking price is seriously reasonable. Whether I am being handed a dose of tall tales in the midst of the earnest patter is usually beyond my expertise. (Except I do know books and coins and the book prices for the good ones are on the high side while some coins sold at very reasonable prices). You hear a lot about taciturn Maine people but, at least at Montsweag the folks are active and engaged. We returned for a second day and will go back again when we are in the area.

3  Thank TommyBoy94