“friendly local tavern in Yarmouth village center”
Review of Deer Run Tavern - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Deer Run Tavern
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Friendly owners and staff and casual atmosphere.
Live music performed occasionally.
Good southern and homestyle cooking.
Specials change regularly, with some creative and unique dishes.
Recommend the all you-can-eat fish fry, and good burgers and potato salad.
Great key lime and other homemade pies.
Nice to have a local place you can conveniently walk to and relax and have a cold beer or glass of wine and something to eat.
Not hard to miss as you're driving down Main Street, but there is parking behind the building.
Sometimes worth calling first to check hours they're open.

Reviewed 16 May 2008

Tonight was our first visit to this relatively new dining spot on the upper end of Main St.. The menu shows a heavy southern influence, with items such as crawfish and an etouffee dish. We tried a caesar salad with blackened fish and a fried oyster poorboy. My companion enjoyed the salad, which was good, but not outstanding. I would not recommend the poorboy - the tomatoes on it were the poor pink flavorless type, and the hot sauce was overwhelming (the menu said it was spicy, but I hadn't understood from that quite how spicy they meant - I wish I had asked for less sauce, or for it on the side). There was not a lot of filling in proportion to the amount of bread. I liked that the coleslaw (potato salad was the other choice) looked fresh and was not swimming in dressing like too many other places, but the taste was average. The atmosphere was friendly, lots of locals in for a drink or dinner. They will have a patio in warmer weather. It is easily accessible by foot from anywhere in the village area, and there is also on-street parking as well as parking behind the building. We were not impressed, but might go again to try some different items (maybe oyster stew next time, or the steak, and we'd save room to try their key lime pie)