“Don't do it.”

Add it.
Deer Run Tavern
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Our server was stoned. The food was awful. And it took us two hours to get the hell out of there. Waste of time and money.

Reviewed 25 September 2010

A friend and company wanted to grab lunch here and despite my reservations, I decided to give it another go. They are offering more unique specials - ,conch salad, oysters, jerk wings - main menu is limited but that may not be a bad thing for them as they have a small location. The food was prepared well, tasted good and all were statisfied. Don't expect to be blown away by the food, but it was a better expereince than last time, I did feel it was a bit pricey for what you get.

Reviewed 22 May 2009

What can I say about this place... A bit out of character for down town Yarmouth, people are nice, food is nothing special, the fried fish sandwhich I ordered was not good at all, as if the fish had been in the bottom of the freezer for a year with some of the worst freezer burn and served anyway.

Ok place if you want to get a beer, perhaps some food if you dare...

1  Thank MaineFoodie1
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Friendly owners and staff and casual atmosphere.
Live music performed occasionally.
Good southern and homestyle cooking.
Specials change regularly, with some creative and unique dishes.
Recommend the all you-can-eat fish fry, and good burgers and potato salad.
Great key lime and other homemade pies.
Nice to have a local place you can conveniently walk to and relax and have a cold beer or glass of wine and something to eat.
Not hard to miss as you're driving down Main Street, but there is parking behind the building.
Sometimes worth calling first to check hours they're open.

Reviewed 16 May 2008

Tonight was our first visit to this relatively new dining spot on the upper end of Main St.. The menu shows a heavy southern influence, with items such as crawfish and an etouffee dish. We tried a caesar salad with blackened fish and a fried oyster poorboy. My companion enjoyed the salad, which was good, but not outstanding. I would not recommend the poorboy - the tomatoes on it were the poor pink flavorless type, and the hot sauce was overwhelming (the menu said it was spicy, but I hadn't understood from that quite how spicy they meant - I wish I had asked for less sauce, or for it on the side). There was not a lot of filling in proportion to the amount of bread. I liked that the coleslaw (potato salad was the other choice) looked fresh and was not swimming in dressing like too many other places, but the taste was average. The atmosphere was friendly, lots of locals in for a drink or dinner. They will have a patio in warmer weather. It is easily accessible by foot from anywhere in the village area, and there is also on-street parking as well as parking behind the building. We were not impressed, but might go again to try some different items (maybe oyster stew next time, or the steak, and we'd save room to try their key lime pie)