“Very Good Seafood Takeout!”

Days Crabmeat and Lobster
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were visiting family in the area and stopped here for an early dinner. The staff was friendly and cheerfully explained menus options - and I was surprised how fast the order was ready! There was just one other family here with us at 5 PM on a Wednesday.

We ordered clam chowder, a half pint of shrimp, and fried crab cakes with cold slaw and fries.

Clam chowder was creamy with ample potatoes and clams- seasoned perfectly. Definitely 5/5.

Fried clam cakes were fine yet a bit dry; 4/5.

The shrimp was different than I expected - it was fried popcorn shrimp but very tasty with cocktail sauce. 5/5.

The cod slaw was average- not bad but nothing special- 3/5, and the French fries were warm yet soggy and tasteless- definitely 1/5.

In all, a very good meal and we enjoyed it. At $33, a fair price.

We will be back!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Day's is in a very convenient location - just down from the DeLorme Map Store - a must see, by the way & it's free, too! Nice seating outside and is also a great place to get your lobsters, lobster meat or crab meat, to go. Day's has really good side items, biscuits, and desserts. Their chowder was fabulous too! Day's is a real sure thing and I highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Yes, it's right on route one - and next to 295 - so no, it doesn't have the ambiance of a true clam shack. But when I have a hankering for fried clams in the summer, this place is close, and the food is good. Service is pretty quick, and the prices beat expensive tourist traps like Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery.

1  Thank TRichards19
Reviewed 14 October 2013

well I know we have written about this place before but it's just one of those place you just like to stop, have lunch and this time we got to watch the bald eagles flying It's amazing how this small seafood shack pouts out such great tasting food year after year. so take a minute and drive south out of Freeport just past the muddy rudder and enjoy some really great seafood, and there pet friendly. you can sit out by the marsh, eat some lobster or fried clams, scallops or a combination and just relax. have fun.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Sept 30
In my viligant search for a better lobster roll, I happened upon Day's. I passed it on the road and had to backtrack. The shack is non-descript but the sign is huge.
I mistakenly went to the adjoining lobster pound and retail store. It didn't have what I was looking for; the man told me to go the window next door.
It took a while to get my order. I waited behind the shack. The wooden benches face Casco Bay which, at low tide, isn't so pretty.
I really enjoyed the simply delicious lobster roll.