“The best Chinese take away in Southern Maine”
Review of China Taste

China Taste
Ranked #28 of 36 Restaurants in Yarmouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am a regular at China Taste and it has only gotten better over the years. You can't beat the prices and portion size and I have yet to find a dish that is not fantastic. The lunch specials are the best deal around. They are almost enough for two and you can change up the options if you prefer another appetizer or want white or brown rice in place of their great fried rice. My all time favorites are the Chicken in Garlic sauce and the House special lo-mien but I have been known to just randomly pick a number and order that dish. I have never been disappointed.

2  Thank DVHeard

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Having traveled extensively in China and the rest of the world, it's always a pleasure to get a reliably delicious Chinese meal right here at home in Yarmouth, Maine. We eat here several times a month and have never been disappointed. The ownership changed a couple of years ago and the menu and service are now better than ever. As a vegetarian, I really appreciate the complexity and depth of seasonings in the vegetable dishes. General Tso's Tofu is a favorite and the Vegetable Mei Fun has a delicate smokiness from the heat of the wok...intoxicating! The carnivores in our house rave about the Yang Chow Fried Rice, Sesame Chicken, and Orange Shrimp. The hot and sour soup is addictive and makes a great lunch...the fastest in town! Don't miss the scallion pancakes, which come with a delectable, authentic dipping sauce. Honest food, quick service even on the busiest nights, and excellent value for money. Don't miss it!

2  Thank Willoughbyandme
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Tasteless, greasy, overpriced. Once was way more than enough. No atmosphere. Disinterested service..

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Meat cuts are horrible, fatty and tough. When I first moved to the area I tried to eat here a couple of times, but now I refuse. Really terrible food.

1  Thank TRichards19
Reviewed 20 July 2013

If you like tough pork with a surly attitude, this is the place for you. BAD experience and bad food - we'll never return. We ordered pork with garlic sauce, returned home, found 2/3 of meal was broccoli (can't eat broccoli -- specifically did not order their menu item "pork and broccoli"). Returned it, the woman was nasty and refused to correct it. After we started to leave the cook interceded and asked what we'd like (on our next visit). We said a chicken dish and the woman started up again arguing that the chicken dish was $1 more than the dish we returned. The cook said it would be OK (she was clearly angry at this). Last week we ordered the chicken dish and when we arrived to pick it up and she saw it was us, she reopened the already sealed order and took out everything but the chicken dish and shoved that into another bag and stated "NO RICE", and with total disdain pushed the bag towards us.