“Simple, Clean And Convenient”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in York
Miami, Florida
“Simple, Clean And Convenient”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just crossing into Maine headed north on I-95, I take Exit-7 in search of a place for the night. A call to Microtel and I discover they have rooms available for the night.

Although I think $80 per night with a AAA discount is a bit steep for this time of the year when hotel occupancy in the area is pretty low, I decide to give Microtel a shot.

My room was clean but simple with free Wi-Fi and a typical continental breakfast included. I did find it a bit strange that there were no bedside lamps just room lighting that was all or nothing.

The staff here was friendly and this was a convenient location to start a journey along “1 North” to enjoy the Maine coastline and some “Fall Foliage”.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Corinth, Maine
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Microtel. Went there on our honeymoon with our baby the lady at reception remembered our sons name and was so sweet!
I think the pool area and halls could afford a cleaning and aside from thAt its pretty clean. And the man above is wrong the breakfast was very good and worth the value!

Your front desk staff are all dolls the sweet lady who works mornings saw us at the beach with her dogs she remebered us! I could eat her up shes so sweet! So isnt your gentleman who works evenings!

• Stayed September 2013
Wexford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a really nice hotel for the price. It is in a quiet location near a very good Chinese/ Thai restaurant. The rooms were very comfortable although not very large. Our room could have used a refrigerator and microwave. The staff was very helpful and seemed to do double duty. Breakfast was generous and had 2 waffle makers which kept things flowing smoothly. Microtels always give you a big bang for your buck.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashua
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The Bed was the wrong size, I requested a queen and got an elongated DOUBLE... Not large for my wife and I... I take up 65% of the width of a double bed. When I asked about it at the desk I received an attitude and an argument. I informed the front desk on making my reservations that I was allergic to DOWN PILLOWS... What do I find on the bed? 3 Down Pillows, they claimed they were hypo-allergenic, not the case. As the bed was too small for my wife and I we had a horrible night sleep. let alone the pillows I was allergic to.

I had 1 set of towels, even though they knew 2 people were checking in. I had no tissues, and a small amount of towelette paper on the one roll I received. And hair floating in the towelette.

I was there for a wedding, that the bride and groom booked rooms for, and no one made mention to me that I reserved under their names.

I was quoted one price on the phone when I made my reservation and my initial receipt was 10% MORE expensive. I had to change my reservation, removing my second night prior to my stay, and the person on the other end removed the wrong day,then I had to fight with them to GET my reservation back/fixed because they were all booked... THIS WAS THE SAME PHONE CALL...

The "continental breakfast" was a joke. watered down juice (orange or cranberry). I asked about food after 9PM and was told it was hit or miss and that McDonald's was 30-minutes down the road.

Having said that, the nighttime desk manager/clerk, a younger gentleman, was very hospitable! Always had a smile, and was always happy to help. But I honestly wish I had just stayed at the Best Western 0.25 miles down the road.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Ryan B
microtelyork, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Ryan,
Thank you for your review it helps us to grow our customer service, I am very sorry the stay did not go well, But we do not offer rooms with double beds ALL our rooms offer a Queen sized Simmons beauty rest pillow top mattress, and as far as the pillows we do not use any down in the room all of your bedding is an alternative down so not real down. I am sorry you did not get in the wedding block we can not assume all guests are with the wedding party, I let every wedding party know when booking the rooms that they need to let their guest know to ask for the wedding block. That will give you the contracted rate that we had decided on. If you are not in the wedding block you get the rate that is available to the public. Again I am sorry your were not pleased with your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
BEST WESTERN York Inn
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York? Share your experiences!