“Finally a clean inexpensive hotel!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in York
Reviewed 14 April 2010

My girlfriend and I went to Maine to go to the outlets. The hotel is close to the outlets and beach, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The hotel was very clean, the pool hot tub was a plus for 64 bucks a night for two people you can barely camp for that much. I'm currently planning another trip now with 12 girls can't wait. Staff was super friendly and helpful, if I could change one thing it would be that free breakfast not much to chose from but again for that price can't beat it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed 14 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel during Easter, and although the hotel was busy with families, it was pretty quiet for the most part. Early in the evening it was a little noisier, but it did quiet down later. We had booked online and had gotten a really great deal for an advance purchase (it was unrefundable....but we decided to take the risk anyway). The hotel was very easy to find and had lots of parking. It was located next to a Rite Aid and a cafe (which was good as there are no restaurant services on site). However, I would recommend saving your money and skipping the cafe....Ruby's a little further down the street was much better. Check in was fast and staff were very helpful with all of our questions. The room we had was small, (we were expecting this) but it had plenty of room for two people and two large suitcases. The room was painted in bright colors to help give the appearance of a larger room...but it also helped out our "holiday" mood! Breakfast was waffles, cereals, bagels and english muffins. It wasn't the best continental breakfast I have had....but it helped to tie us over. The location of the hotel was great for us....we were there for the shopping and not the beach....so we were only a short drive away from our interests. I would definitely stay here again...without hesitation!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Has a lot of pro's and con's; has a decent free breakfast every morning, the waffle maker is the best, otherwise it's cereal, oatmeal, bagels and muffins if they're any left. But.... it is free and convenient especially with 2 hungry kids so I really don't want to complain. The pool is awesome, but..... they have a lady there doing swimming lessons all day long, new group of kids come in every half hour, annoying! The rooms are new, nice, but even the queen efficiency it's kinda cramped, 2 queen beds are VERY comfortable, but.... there is only 2 drawers, not cool when there is 2 adults and 2 kids. There is also a closet to hang your stuff in. The location is great, 2 miles to beach, 3 miles to Kittery, fantastic! Housekeeping sucks, and we even left a good tip every day. Each day we had to ask for something they forgot, like washclothes, or shampoo, or tissues, or toilet paper and one day they never cleaned our room at all. Had to go get our own stuff and they only had 2 clean towels left (for 4 people). Also, no a hugh thing, but the shower has NO shelves - it's just like a rectangular box - and there is no little shelve in any corner to sit your soap or your shampoo, so you have to sit it on the floor of the shower, ewww! So with that said, it's up to you.......

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank dmhufnagel
Reviewed 23 December 2009

We arrived late and very tired after a long 8 hour drive. Our room was like an icebox. We turned on the heat and went to the downstairs for a while. After an hour we are wearing sweatshirts and my hands are like ice.
Heres the amazing part. I was told that most guests arrive earlier. If we had called to say we were coming late he could have turned on the heat, otherwise they are not allowed to put on the heat in the room. This ridiculous detail was not mentioned to me when I made the reservation.
What about a tired traveler who's looking for a room at 11pm and just wants to crash? What do they say to him.
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THE CHEAPO OWNERS OF THIS MOTEL THAT THIS IS MAINE, DAMN IT, AND THE DATE IS 23 DECEMBER, and we are freezing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna559
Reviewed 12 November 2009

This hotel is fairly new and hasn't yet been subjected to much wear and tear yet. Its located near the Interstate, York Beaches and Portsmouth. The room was like an oversized walk in closet, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was of average size. The continental breakfast was lame. Overall I would stay here again, it adequately took care of my three s's (shave, shower and sleep).

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I was astonished upon my arrival to find that the room I had reserved with the front desk, and was confirmed with a courtesy call from the hotel prior to my arrival, was not available. I was informed that Expedia, and later Wyndham, had overbooked the hotel and I would need to relocate to another hotel in town. They also offered to comp me a room in the future. And why do they think I might play this game of roulette again? Microtel had already booked another room for my family. I did go to see the new room but was overcome by the smell of mildew (surely a trigger for my daughter's asthma) , disappointed by the antiquated interior, sadden that there was not an indoor pool or breakfast. When I expressed my valid concerns to Microtel they informed me that they had met their commitment to my reservation, basically tough luck. I spent the next two hours trying to find a room. Since it was Columbus Day weekend this was not an easy task. I was able to locate a room at a Comfort Inn about an hour away. However, Microtel is not willing to reimburse me the additional room rate for my last minute reservation that was a direct result of their customer service error. Although, Mircotel appears to be a nice establishment please be cautious of their customer care practices. It seems they would rather save themselves money instead of making a satisfaction guarantee to potential customers.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2009

We spent one night at this hotel, which is conveniently located close to the highway.

The hotel is pretty new, and everything was in working order in our room. We only missed a coffee maker (apparently only in the suites), but it was possible to get coffee in the lobby.

Very clean room and bathroom, and a good selection in the breakfastroom (including waffles).

High speed internet (wireless) in room worked well.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Best Western York Inn

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham York? Share your experiences!