“Lobster dinner deal stopped us in our tracks.”
Review of Stones Throw

Stones Throw
Ranked #7 of 23 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were leaving Maine after a delightful 3 day stay, and while I had eaten clams and scallops, I couldn't quite fork over the lobster dinner dough that all the Kennebunk area restaurants were charging. The sign by the road on York Beach saying $14.99 Lobster Dinner had me banging a U-Turn and we had a delicious lunch while viewing the beach across the street. The cole slaw was included, and I managed to eat about half of my wife's french fries. I thought $3 for a rather large Pepsi was a bit steep, but they have to make the rent somewhere! It looked like a fun place when busy, but we enjoyed quiet solitude on this pre-season Monday afternoon, 5/6/13.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 5inavan

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great location on the ocean, food was OK, but overpriced which was to be expected - you were paying for the view. Server seemed to have an attitude. Didn't seem interested in customer service until she finally brought the bill and really warmed up in anticipation of a tip. Doubt I'd return. You can do better in York. Don't know how the Inn is since we only stopped for lunch, but this doesn't appear to be a Holiday Inn Express level establishment.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bavarianbiker
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My husband and I go to York Beach every summer and usually stay at the Anchorage, but wanted something at the other end of the beach. The location here is great, but the value is poor. The food is over priced for what you get and the service is slow. The waitstaff seemed nice enough but this didn't make up for the long wait and poor quality of the food. The drinks were extremely overpriced too and very weak. The whole place had a gimicky feel to it and the general cleanliness was not good at all. I felt bad for the young family next to us with crying kids who had nothing to eat for over 30 minutes. Any good waitress will know to serve the kids first, but she seemed to focused on the group of guys drinking heavily a few tables away. It's a shame what this place has turned into. We were hoping for the nice, quiet, cozy B+B that we heard about a few years ago and were dissapointed at the dirty, loud, expensive place this place is now. Back to the Anchorage for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Glenda E
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed here off season, mid September. This is at the upper end of Long Sands in York, Maine. There's a little general store right next door that sells groceries, food to go (was very good) and ice cream. The room was fantastic -- very clean, bed was incredibly comfortable and room color and decor was great -- simple, classy, soothing color, perfect! This Inn/Hotel sits right on the road but street level is the restaurant and the 2nd and 3rd floors are rooms. There are only 8 rooms and each one has a balcony with a table and two chairs. The balcony has a 3 / 3 and a half foot high wall that separates each balcony so you can see up and down the beach but you can also see and hear everyone who's on their balcony. I guess the upside is that you can see all up and down the beach from anywhere on your balcony and you can leave your door/curtain open without people walking by and looking in. Being off season there wasn't a lot of traffic but even with what traffic there was, with the balcony sliding glass door closed and the ac on, the noise was barely audible. One of most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The room had a small fridge, bigger than dorm size with a separate small freezer on top. Kureig coffee maker with various coffee's to choose from. I did not eat at the restaurant but heard people that did and they said the food was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Amazing view... Fantastic rooms... Very clean... Food and Signature Cocktails were amazing... I enjoyed everything I tried on the menu... Staff was phenomenal... I didn't feel the need to leave the building... I will stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is a great little place. Every room faces the ocean so every room as a nice view. The entire staff is friendly and helpful and the food is excellent, we ate breakfast & dinner. One night we sat at the bar and had a few drinks and watch the baseball game. It was such a friendly atmosphere, workers and customer both. From 3 - 5 they have happy hour with live entertainment. When you book make sure to ask about their theme weekends.
The bed was very comfotable which is important to us when we travel.
It is a small place but still has a hair drier, shampoo and conditioner.
It's only about a 15 minute walk to downtown.
We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Every room is great because they all face the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have summered in York since 2009 and always find myself back at the 123 for a tasty lunch with the best view in town, or at the bar for a quick drink (don't forget to stop by for happy hour from 3-5 to enjoy some music also) when I need to get out of the sun. The staff is always pleasant and helpful and it is a great place for families. The food seems to be better this year as well - more attention to detail and wonderful seafood entrees. When in York make sure to stop by the 123, you'll be happy you did!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family