“Terrible Mother's Day Breakfast”
Review of Stones Throw

Stones Throw
Ranked #7 of 23 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Went for Mother's Day and ordered the lobster Benedict (mother's were free but only to $10. I was ok with that and paid the extra $5) The lobster was not on the English muffin but between them and only filled 1 of the muffin halfs. The lobster was served was cold and was either old or left over and it was not palate pleasing. The Hollandaise was congealed on the "hard" boiled egg, I asked for better sauce and was brought more congealed sauce. The waitress did apologize and since 4 other people ordered Benedicts they must have made more sauce and she did bring me some that was edible. Their eggs were also "hard" boiled but who wants to wait for them to try and get it right!!!! We live down the street so this place is very convenient but we had given up on lunch & dinner due to lack of consistent quality and now we must write off breakfast too.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed 17 June 2013

They were not on top of their game for fathers day. Food cold, service very slow in taking order. Waited on people who arrived after us by several minutes before ven taking our orderBe a while before we return..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank timster57
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights last June and will be there again this month because we liked it so much. Great location right across from the beach with well-equipped rooms (check out the details on their website). Yes, they are over a restaurant/bar (which is clearly indicated on the website and in pictures), so if you're not into that, look elsewhere, (but it sounded like fun to us!) We stayed in room 1 (right at the top of the stairs on the second floor) and never had any real issues with noise - but again, we knew the setup when we booked the room so if there had been noise we wouldn't have been surprised. We weren't sure exactly what to expect, but knew the location was great and we love having our own balcony to sit out on and look at the ocean. And we thought it was a bonus that we could have drinks (and food) downstairs if we wanted and then just go up to our room without needing to drive anywhere. We loved it so much we immediately knew we wanted to come back this year - will update my review after our stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor probably has a better view, but we liked the 2nd floor because the balcony was totally cov...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had the most terrible stay at the 123, not only did you have to fight a crowd of drunk people to check in but the staff could care less that we did not want to stay for this reason. Had a room right above the downstairs and was kept up all night from yelling and screaming, the sheets still had sand on them, and the Manager was horrible. Asked to be able to leave and be refunded and we were told that could not happen!!!!! Was supposed to recieve a call back from Managment after telling our horrible story and never did, when I called back was told they would call the cops on me if I called and again and hung up laughing.... This place used to be great, USED TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Courtney F
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were leaving Maine after a delightful 3 day stay, and while I had eaten clams and scallops, I couldn't quite fork over the lobster dinner dough that all the Kennebunk area restaurants were charging. The sign by the road on York Beach saying $14.99 Lobster Dinner had me banging a U-Turn and we had a delicious lunch while viewing the beach across the street. The cole slaw was included, and I managed to eat about half of my wife's french fries. I thought $3 for a rather large Pepsi was a bit steep, but they have to make the rent somewhere! It looked like a fun place when busy, but we enjoyed quiet solitude on this pre-season Monday afternoon, 5/6/13.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 5inavan
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great location on the ocean, food was OK, but overpriced which was to be expected - you were paying for the view. Server seemed to have an attitude. Didn't seem interested in customer service until she finally brought the bill and really warmed up in anticipation of a tip. Doubt I'd return. You can do better in York. Don't know how the Inn is since we only stopped for lunch, but this doesn't appear to be a Holiday Inn Express level establishment.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bavarianbiker
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My husband and I go to York Beach every summer and usually stay at the Anchorage, but wanted something at the other end of the beach. The location here is great, but the value is poor. The food is over priced for what you get and the service is slow. The waitstaff seemed nice enough but this didn't make up for the long wait and poor quality of the food. The drinks were extremely overpriced too and very weak. The whole place had a gimicky feel to it and the general cleanliness was not good at all. I felt bad for the young family next to us with crying kids who had nothing to eat for over 30 minutes. Any good waitress will know to serve the kids first, but she seemed to focused on the group of guys drinking heavily a few tables away. It's a shame what this place has turned into. We were hoping for the nice, quiet, cozy B+B that we heard about a few years ago and were dissapointed at the dirty, loud, expensive place this place is now. Back to the Anchorage for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Glenda E
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Stones Throw? Share your experiences!