“Best Chowder you will ever have!”

Maine Lobster Outlet
Ranked #24 of 111 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the only place we buy our lobster and chowder. We opt to purchase the lobster already cooked, shelled and sold in 1 lb containers fresh daily. If you have a lot of people at your house, ask for a bag of chowder. If only 2 or 3 people, 1 quart container is enough. It is the best you will ever have! They also have wine, beer, frozen meals, gifts, scallops, shrimp, live lobsters, etc. You can also purchase a quick cup of hot chowder for immediate consumption. Very convenient location right on route 1 and only a mile from the York exit off of 95. They ship also!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is the best meal you will ever have on a budget! Tonight we got ten pounds of cull lobsters. They were steamed, packed and ready to go for $30.00. We were all filled to the brim but they were so sweet and delicious. The equivalent meal would have been $150.00 in a restaurant. We love the folks at this place. They are always so nice and helpful. Next time you are in Southern Maine give these guys a try, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Hollin D
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Great road trip topped off with a stop at the Maine lobster outlet. Huge live lobsters and made to order lobster rolls. Super nice staff and clean store. Great stuff.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have gone by the Lobster Outlet many times and never noticed it. My wife noticed that they had lobsters for 2.99 perlb and make me stop. Well, we bought two 2 lb lobsters which were 14.00each and more than two lbs. They cooked them for us for the additional price of 1.00 each. When we got them home they were still warm and delicious. This place is great and to think they have been there 35 years with a retail store being open for 4 years and we never tried it. I am temped rather than go to some pricey lobster shack to go and buy a couple of 3 lb lobsters and eat them at a picnic table somewhere near the water!

2  Thank Gary W
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This isn't really a restaurant--it's a place to stop and buy fresh seafood, frozen seafood from Maine, and freshly made excellent things to take out and eat,including a lobster roll they will make for you that is full of the freshest lobster you can find, just a dab of mayo, all on a traditional roll. I've had the lobster roll 3 times and it was consistently good. I think there are two sizes, but I had the smaller one and it was plenty big. On my last trip I also bought some Pemaquid oysters and a cooked lobster to have for dinner at home. The lobster was incredibly inexpensive and it had the flavor of a lobster that has just recently been brought from the sea --- not that sitting-in-the-tank off flavor. The oysters were also very clean and briny and plump, the kind you get at a good restaurant. I go out of my way to stop here. The manager, Gunnar Hagstrom, and his team are friendly and professional and do a great job.

1  Thank JeanBerkoG

Been to Maine Lobster Outlet? Share your experiences!