“Awsome”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stopped in here after visiting Kittery for some "retail therapy". The food was awesome. We also thought the décor was interesting. This is a great place to stop in when you want some delicious seafood!

There are newer reviews for 3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille

Reviewed 17 December 2013

For the past three years we have stopped here for lunch when visiting Maine (five visits to this reataurant). We found this place because I needed gas and took this exit off the Maine Pike. Other than skiing, visiting friends etc., the highlight of my visits is Maine's fried haddock sandwich. My wife feels the same way about lobster rolls.
We stopped here the Saturday after Thanksgiving while driving to Portland. We were greeted by the friendly staff and made to feel like they were happy to see us (as usual). A very pleasant young woman took our order; my wife ordered the lobster roll and I (salivating) ordered a fried haddock sandwich.
The lobster roll had my wife purring while eating it. Being somewhat of a lobster roll expert, she rated it with the best. The haddock sandwich, on the other hand, I would rate the same as any you can get on Cape Cod (which is not saying much). The haddock was dry, the coating was dry and the interior was so hot, I had to wait at least five or six minutes before I could take a bite (microwave, oil can't get it that hot without burning). The haddock was probably fresh before it was frozen, but Maine is all about fresh haddock (screw lobster, sorry Hon). The fries were tasty, but mushy (probably sitting over the hot oil too long).
I don't know why the haddock was not as it was on previous visits. We probably will stop at the place we stopped in prior years. We were very happy with old place, great lobster roll and very good fried haddock sandwich, but an exit or so farther up the Pike.

1  Thank Hankstar
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Portland Three Buoys has quickly become one of our favorite places for a casual meal. I love fish and my husband is a vegetarian, so Three Buoys extensive menu for fish selections (sandwiches, platters, etc) as well as its all day/evening breakfast offerings provide something for each of us. There's also a wide selection of burgers, fried chicken, etc. In short, something for everyone. I like best the spicy haddock sandwich; they'll substitute a side salad for the fries. This is an incredibly accommodating place. Normal food, great help, casual atmosphere and incredibly reasonable prices. Tonight our bill came to $17. For two. Really. GO; IT'S A GREAT DEAL!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stopped to have a lobster roll and loved our choice. We got the meal with a very full lobster roll, onion rings and a cup of great chowder. My husband requested no mayo and I had the regular which has a bit of mayo and butter. It was delicious and my husband was happy also. The chowder was full of seafood and not fillers. It was worth going off the diet for this meal. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant for its good seafood for sure. You could eat inside or out as you please.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place has some of the best food on rte 1. The service is great, the food is great, everything is great. I only have one wish, and that would be they have some non-seafood specials. They have some land lovers food, but not a huge selection. I think they should sit down and come up with a few specials that they run for those land lovers out there =] !!! You should also be able to make reservations, it gets SOOOOO busy (especially for dinner). Dinner has the same menu as breakfast and lunch, and again, I wish they had a "dinner menu" Other than that, I have no complaints.