“Generous portions - great food”
Review of 3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille - CLOSED

3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We accidentally stumbled upon this restaurant and left full and satisfied. Our (three) meals each were large enough for two people, and the food was excellent. My FinFish plate was the most fish I have ever been served for a fish plate (and I have much experience in this area being a pescatarian that spends a lot of time on the Florida gulf coast). Home made corned beef hash - breakfast served all day. Will be back.

There are newer reviews for 3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Four of us stopped here based on other good recommendations and we were extremely happy with all our meals. One person had the Lobster Quesadilla. It was loaded with tender lobster chunks and was served with tasty guacamole, sour cream, and diced tomatoes & onions; completely delish! Myself and one other person had the haddock, (you can have it cooked many ways; we chose grilled) and it was as fresh as I've ever tasted. I chose a caesar salad that was dressed to perfection and had homemade croutons, while the other had the homecut french fries. Our non-seafood eater had a hamburger with lettuce & tomato. It was also very fresh and was the Angus beef as advertised; it did not disappoint! Being February in a popular summer vacation area, we were very pleased they were open and had such great food. It was a terrific price as well, with a very nice waitress to complete the experience. The fact that it is located 5 minutes from the Kittery Outlets is the cherry on top! I have nothing but high praise for the entire visit to the Shanty!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hubby and I stopped here this morning Jan 6, we had left York Maine in search for breakfast,not much open this time of year, we passed this place and decided to turn around. We walked in and we were the only two in there. I ordered eggs, homemade has and home fries, unreal the amount of food, and boy was it delicious. We talked with the owner and chef Bill, nice guy, he told us almost everything is homemade. We'll be back for seafood this summer.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stopped in here after visiting Kittery for some "retail therapy". The food was awesome. We also thought the décor was interesting. This is a great place to stop in when you want some delicious seafood!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

For the past three years we have stopped here for lunch when visiting Maine (five visits to this reataurant). We found this place because I needed gas and took this exit off the Maine Pike. Other than skiing, visiting friends etc., the highlight of my visits is Maine's fried haddock sandwich. My wife feels the same way about lobster rolls.
We stopped here the Saturday after Thanksgiving while driving to Portland. We were greeted by the friendly staff and made to feel like they were happy to see us (as usual). A very pleasant young woman took our order; my wife ordered the lobster roll and I (salivating) ordered a fried haddock sandwich.
The lobster roll had my wife purring while eating it. Being somewhat of a lobster roll expert, she rated it with the best. The haddock sandwich, on the other hand, I would rate the same as any you can get on Cape Cod (which is not saying much). The haddock was dry, the coating was dry and the interior was so hot, I had to wait at least five or six minutes before I could take a bite (microwave, oil can't get it that hot without burning). The haddock was probably fresh before it was frozen, but Maine is all about fresh haddock (screw lobster, sorry Hon). The fries were tasty, but mushy (probably sitting over the hot oil too long).
I don't know why the haddock was not as it was on previous visits. We probably will stop at the place we stopped in prior years. We were very happy with old place, great lobster roll and very good fried haddock sandwich, but an exit or so farther up the Pike.

1  Thank Hankstar