“excellent dinner with huge portions” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille - CLOSED

3 Buoys Seafood Shanty & Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Erving
“excellent dinner with huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is the second time that I have been to this restaurant. I stumbled onto it last winter and went out of my way to find it again for our weekend getaway. I had the fish and chips and my husband had the seafood platter. Either meal would have been plenty for two. We took enough home to have lunch the next day. The haddock was cooked perfectly, the french fries are wonderful and my husband was pleased to get whole belly clams as part of his dinner and for a small additional charge was able to substitute fried pickles for part of his dinner. I also had the fish chowder that was delicious as well.

My only complaint was that both times I was there it was very cold inside. So dress warmly and have a great meal.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Go to place in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here after spending the day in Portsmouth. The place looks like a little shanty with lobster traps and buoys outside, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We got two burgers and cups of chowder and were extremely satisfied. The burgers were thick and juicy and perfectly cooked, and the chowder was the perfect taste of Maine. Will continue to return here whenever in the area, and suggest others do as well.

Visited February 2014
The ATL
“Generous portions - great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We accidentally stumbled upon this restaurant and left full and satisfied. Our (three) meals each were large enough for two people, and the food was excellent. My FinFish plate was the most fish I have ever been served for a fish plate (and I have much experience in this area being a pescatarian that spends a lot of time on the Florida gulf coast). Home made corned beef hash - breakfast served all day. Will be back.

• Visited March 2014
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Four of us stopped here based on other good recommendations and we were extremely happy with all our meals. One person had the Lobster Quesadilla. It was loaded with tender lobster chunks and was served with tasty guacamole, sour cream, and diced tomatoes & onions; completely delish! Myself and one other person had the haddock, (you can have it cooked many ways; we chose grilled) and it was as fresh as I've ever tasted. I chose a caesar salad that was dressed to perfection and had homemade croutons, while the other had the homecut french fries. Our non-seafood eater had a hamburger with lettuce & tomato. It was also very fresh and was the Angus beef as advertised; it did not disappoint! Being February in a popular summer vacation area, we were very pleased they were open and had such great food. It was a terrific price as well, with a very nice waitress to complete the experience. The fact that it is located 5 minutes from the Kittery Outlets is the cherry on top! I have nothing but high praise for the entire visit to the Shanty!

Visited February 2014
Willington, Connecticut
“Great fulfilling breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hubby and I stopped here this morning Jan 6, we had left York Maine in search for breakfast,not much open this time of year, we passed this place and decided to turn around. We walked in and we were the only two in there. I ordered eggs, homemade has and home fries, unreal the amount of food, and boy was it delicious. We talked with the owner and chef Bill, nice guy, he told us almost everything is homemade. We'll be back for seafood this summer.

• Visited January 2014