“The best bakery ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$1 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Real Italian bakery 35 years in the North End of Boston January to mid February hours Friday 11-7 Saturday and Sunday 10-6 call to see if we have your speciality !
Gorham, Maine
“The best bakery ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you're looking for authentic italian pastries Rossi's is where you'll want to go! By far the best Ricotta Pie I've ever had. The selection is HUGE! Their lobster tails are to die for! They also make great pizza! I live almost an hour away and it's worth the trip down to just go to the bakery.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank katherine b

Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Banana Chocolate, Chocolate Cupcake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Little bakery set back from short sands beach. All the pastries looked fresh and delicious. I had the banana chocolate, chocolate cupcake which was outstanding. Also had a snickerdoodle cookie that was very soft and moist.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Patty V
Fort Edward
“Friendly staff, prices and quality of cake not so much...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I live in NY and knew we would be visiting the area for my husbands birthday and pre-ordered him a birthday cake about a week and a half in advance. It cost $29.99 which I was fine with because I figured I was paying for a higher quality cake. I said I wanted a lemon flavored cake and the person on the phone explained she would fill it with lemon curd( similar to a lemon pie filling) rather than buttercream because it tolerates heat better. OK- no problem.

I go to pick it up, staff was extremely friendly, even gave my daughter a free sugar press cookies. I bought some slices of pizza for lunch, good pizza but not the best I have ever had. The cases were filled with what appeared to be delicious treats.

Cake was really dry, not moist at all. The filling was minimally filled with the lemon curd. It was a vanilla flavored cake with vanilla buttercream, so the $30 I spent on a "special" lemon flavored birthday cake, in my opinion, was a waste. Also cake still had tops on it which typically bakers cut off.

I would recommend going in and purchasing fresh treats from the case for $30 than a single small dried out cake for the same price. I was disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JMiddleton14
“Magnifico!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This bakery is one of the highlights of York!! Bright and airy, the staff as well as the atmosphere.
I can't say enough about the delicacies. The chocolate ganache macaroon...I am literally salivating as I write this. The cupcakes, the carrot cakes, the cheesecakes, did someone say cannoli???? Yes, chocolate please... I can't get enough of this place. The pizza!!!!

Nothing like a summer evening beach stroll ending with a stop here.

My only regret? As we all fought over who got to eat what, we wished we bought more!!

Did I mention the chocolate ganache macaroon???? Don't buy them all......leave some for us ;)

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank True Bostonians
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

So happy to have a bakery in town! Everything is amazing!! It's a must go! Something new every time you go! You can tell they love what they do because it shows in the food.

So what are you waiting for go now!!

2 Thank Mike M