“usually good”

Anthony's Food Shop
Ranked #15 of 105 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
York, Maine
“usually good”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

usually when stopping for a sandwich we come away completly satisfied. That is why today's experience was such a surprise. The cold cuts are top notch Boar's head brand and the portions are very generous. Today though the bread was dry and the lettuce was slightly wilted. Attention to these details would go a long way.

I would hope this was just a bump in the road as th based on price and quality we love this neighborhood gem.

The staff also was focused on taking orders and strightening out a phone order. The 5-8 customers waiting could see their orders ready to go but none of the staff focused on getting them out. I had to ask a clerk to check.

• Visited March 2014

Harrison, Maine
“Delicious coffee and egg sandwich...”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stopped here on my way out of town after staying in York for the night. The coffee was hot and there was a good selection. I bought an egg, cheese, bacon croissant to go. It was very good and made with real egg. Not that fake yellow stuff. There was so much to choose from. Muffins, pastries, sandwiches, salads. This is also a gas station/convenience store too. One stop shopping. Great place!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank rhonda t
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Almost enough to make me move here!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I knew I should have taken a picture! My sandwich was 4 inches tall. It had to have had a pound of Boar's Head Liverwurst on it and it was the small one! $4.50... A delicious lunch with enough leftover for two snacks later! Since I only ate part of my sandwich I had to get a Coconut Lemon Square. Now that is worth moving here for all by itself! Two bites so far so more to snack on later....

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BadurekL
Berwick, ME
“Love this place”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I am a local to York and love this place. The food is consistently good and a great value. The pizza is great and the baked goods are fabulous. Be ready to wait if you go at a meal time but it will be worth it. The steak tip subs are delish!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lidco6
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing stop along U.S. Route 1 in York, Maine”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We pulled in on our trip between Boston and York, and had the most amazing lemon coconut bars. Worth stopping here for these alone, as they were definitely the best we'd ever had! Perfectly smooth lemon filling, just the right amount of tartness, and nice coconut topping. The crust/crumbs on the bottom were heavenly! Lots of other great dessert options, and also hot specials of the day, including their own house-made pizzas.

• Visited April 2013