“Amazing Chinese Restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were on our way back from the Yarmouth clam festival and were winding our way down route 1 and decided we wanted Chinese food. Concord New Hampshire was two hours away so my wife said you look on that side of the road and I will on this side. Within a mile this place came into view. We went in and first impression was that the place was spotless and we were seated immediately. We had a difficult time deciding what to get so we ordered a plate of crab rangoon and before we decided it was at the table. I ordered my usual General Tso chicken and a bowl of shrimp fried rice. Let me tell you the shrimp fried rice was not made with those tiny shrimp out of the can, it had what I would consider a medium shrimp from the grocery store and so many you could not spoon out rice without at least one shrimp on the spoon and they were tender. The Generals was amazing, not made with the dark meat like most places do but whole white chicken breast and there was so much of it I barely put a dent in the plate, I would say at least 15-20 large pieces. Also, the crab rangoon was 9 pieces not 4 or 5 like most places. My wife got the crispy beef, it was the most tender beef I had ever eaten. and again the portions were substantial. If you need a break from all the lobster pounds and clam shacks during a weeks vacation in the area try this place you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Mark D

Reviewed 14 July 2014

No need to eat seafood and pizza every night at the seacost of Maine. For a nice break, give this restaurant a try. We ordered some Maki rolls.. they were very good. Spicy Tuna and Shrimp Tempura with a great sauce. The "normal" apps were fine. Some of the other dishes were good not great. Mai Tai's were average. But overall, this is a good break if you are craving Chinese/Japanese on vacation in York, ME. Nice bar with some dining tables in there as well.

1  Thank Grandfromage22
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Bottom Line: Not sure why this isn't higher up in ranking but decent food.

Details: We ordered take out from here on our third night and it was pretty good. I'm from the NYC area so we have access to some great Chinese food. The flavors seem to be geared towards this this area and definitely more americanized. If you want a break from the boiled lobster that is available at EVERY SINGLE restaurant in the area then give this place a try.

1  Thank 8pixel
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The scallion pancakes, egg rolls, miso soup, chicken chow mein, and Mongolian beef were all good. It was very crowded at dinner. Service was fast.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you are at the beach and desperate for Chinese, this place might do. The food is greasy and the preparation is pedestrian at best. Watch out for soft drink refills, they are $2 each and they wont tell you this ahead of time.