“Fresh but overcooked”

Ranked #3 of 113 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Upscale burgers including Bison, Natural, and Prime. All Natural Chicken. Fresh cut Maine potato fries. Fresh fruit drinks and frappes. Beer and wine.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We went here on the recommendation of the innkeeper where we were staying. We both ordered the natural beef burgers, cooked medium. They both were well done and dry. There was only one other person ordering food when we went in, so we can't write it off to being busy. Otherwise the food was okay. The service wasn't surly, just not overly friendly. A few locals came in later and were greeted with by far more enthusiasm. We vacation in Maine about every other fall, but I doubt this will be on our go back to list.

1  Thank Derek M

Reviewed 20 September 2013

For Burgers in the York area there's no other place to go but Wild Willy's. Fun atmosphere great menu choices and amazing burgers! Sometimes there is a crazy line so be prepared to wait. But its well worth it. Check it out!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were passing by when leaving York and decided to stop for lunch. The hamburgers were excellent. I would definitely eat here again. It was pretty busy when we arrived so we quickly ordered and waited for the food. I wish I would have studied the menu better as they have bison which I would have liked to try. If I make it back here, bison burger for me.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Tasty burgers made the way you want, as large as you want, hand-cut fries plus vinegar on the table for the fries. We always eat here at least once during the summer. Indoor and outdoor seating. Large booths for families. Located on RT 1, between York and Ogunquit - easy in and out.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

What a great place! My family and I chose Wild Willy's based on positive reviews about WW's ability to handle GLUTEN FREE requests. We were extremely pleased with our GF dining experience. Willy's has a gluten free menu, they have very good gluten free hamburger rolls and have a dedicated fryer for their french fries so that the fries are GF. Best of all everything tasted great. We loved Wild Willy's and will definitely return. On our way out we met Willy himself; he was a gentleman and a gracious host.