“Great Food”

Fishermen's Dock
Ranked #13 of 105 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: To our valued customers: Our goal at Fishermen's Dock is to provide a pleasurable dining experience for everyone concerned. We take pride in serving the freshest quality foods available. It is never our intention to be a fast food operation. Good food takes time to be properly prepared. During our busiest hours we will give our best effort to ensure selections are delivered in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience. Comments, good or bad, are always welcome.
The Villages, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My good friend lives in York and recommended we head over to Fisherman's Dock for lunch last week. It was a dreary day, but warm enough to sit outside. It's what I classify as fast food seafood - nothing more, nothing less. I'm not a big fan of fried anything so was interested to see what their broiled haddock and scallop special would taste like. In a word - delicious! Fresh, fresh seafood - scallops were sweet and cooked to perfection, haddock the same. Their ritz cracker topping is just "okay" - but the fish was fabulous... baked potato, coleslaw - all for $17... fair price. My friends had all the other normal fare - fried clams, oysters and even a boiled lobster. Everyone was full and happy.
We ate outside under their covered patio area at picnic tables. pleasant and almost bug free.
I definitely wouldn't stop and eat inside.. it's NOT a restaurant - the inside tables look like an after thought.. but the food is good and that's what we came for....
Would I go back - Absolutely... the food is well prepared and fresh....

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Terrific and at the right price!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Headed towards the Maine diner when this place caught our attention. lots of cars (smart people) and so we said let's go for it. Spoke to the owner who guaranteed we'd like his lobster roll..we did. Best fried clam strips I have ever had. Great fried shrimp. Everything just wonderful. it is a fish market folks..So what? smells terrific. The place is immaculate. fair price. People who care. Go here if you want great seafood.

Cape Neddick, Maine
“Great Food and Great Price”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had an excellent scallop dinner at the Dock!! Fried to perfection and the twin lobsters were excellent also, you can't beat the price or the food!!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Kids meals were great! My husband had the lobster sandwich. Counter person was helpful! !! We will go there again.

Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Seriously?”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Bottom Line: EVERY restaurant in the area serves boiled lobster so try somewhere else.

Details: Let me start by saying that I have a pretty loose definition for restaurant in that it really just needs to be a comfortable place that is relatively clean. This place is a seafood market with some old tables, a pot of boiling water, grill and a deep fryer. The fact that number 1 restaurant in York is an ice cream place says a lot and hot this place is #3 blows my mind. We arrived during a hot rainy day to an almost empty "restaurant." The window that you order from is on the right side of the "restaurant" with some small tables and a soda fountain hidden to the side. The left side is the "market" with larger tables and a window air conditioner. After placing our order we sat down at a sticky table and sat in the uncomfortable heat (the thermostat on the a/c unit said 86 DEGREES!!). We sat there sweating and wondering how anyone would buy seafood from their store and not worry. Nearly 20+ minutes and 4 MOSQUITO BITES later we received our food. I've said many times before that I don't really get why one shop's lobster boiled in water is any better than the other when it all comes from the same place. Well, this one can be described in one word as OVERCOOKED! My wife had a hard time eating the lobster with the flimsy plastic fork we were provided and my daughter's burger was overcooked as well. In fact, the best part of the meal were the corn and the french fries. I know that I'm the only negative review here but seriously, this was the worst meal I may have had in my entire life, period.

4 Thank 8pixel